Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!

The boys got up a little after 8 this morning and went out to see their loot (pictured below). Last night we dyed some eggs (also pictured below). I had to put the candy away, though. Logan wouldn't stay out of it.

Yesterday I tried recycling yarn for the first time. I went to the local Frenchy's yesterday and picked up a hand-knit tank top that I had seen in there the other day. It wasn't labelled, but I think it is a yarn I have used before, which is just an acrylic blend. Anyways, it was a pretty aqua-minty color with pinks, yellows, and blues through it. It unravelled very easy. I wound it into three hanks, washed it in mild soap, and hung it up to dry in my basement (there's a line strung down there from the previous owner). I put it out on my clothesline this morning, as it was still quite damp. I haven't decided what I will make with it yet. Maybe either a ribbed hat (if so I will use two strands held together, it's only DK weight), or I may make a baby jacket and booties with it (not sure if I have enough for a bonnet as well). There was another tank there the other day that was a nice dark orangey-red variagated with some white, but I didn't see it yesterday.

Today's knitting will hopefully see me finish the shaker rib hat for the Dulaan Project and maybe start something else, or work on Shane's scarf.

Well, I must get going. It is really nice out today, so I think I will take the boys for a walk. Making non-traditional chicken for supper tonight.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home