Monday, August 15, 2005

When Will They Learn to Listen?

When will kids learn to listen? No matter how many times you tell them not to do something, they never listen til it's too late. Then they get, "I told you so." That's what happened tonight. I was doing my dishes, and the boys were in my bedroom (where the computer is - for now) with their 14 year-old cousin (who was on MSN, of course). I had just told them to stop raving and stop jumping on my bed. Lo and behold tremendous screaming errupted from said bedroom, nephew comes a-running, "Darren hit his face in the headboard on your bed." (We have a sleigh bed, so it has a big headboard and footboard.) I was already on my way to the bedroom, had dishtowel in hand and immediately slapped that on his little kisser (probably not the most cleanly choice, but it was there). I could tell by his scream he was really hurt, and one look at his lip I knew stitches were a-comin'. I told him to hold the towel on his face and come get his shoes on. I called the hospital to tell them I was coming. He ended up with 7 stitches - one inside and six outside. Talk about screaming! I felt so sorry for him. Had to turn my head a couple of times. Now his poor little lip is puffed up twice as big as normal and knocked one of his top teeth loose (baby tooth, thankfully). I took a picture of him and will post it tomorrow or so, along with a picture of my first finished multidirectional scarf. The doctor did a good stitch job - he had to line two halves of his lip up where it split down through it vertically. I don't think it should scar much if at all.

We talked about moving the computer out of the bedroom to the kitchen maybe, as the boys rave in our room too much and always rip my bed apart. Every night I have to remake it. I do believe now it is moving for sure, and our bedroom will be off limits.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home