Sunday, November 13, 2005

Leaf Bagging

It was a nice day out today. This afternoon once Logan went to sleep I went outside to bag leaves. Lets just say that at my place that is a big job. There are a lot of trees in our yard. The man who we bought the house from didn't like raking leaves, so he basically cut the tops off all the trees. They have filled in a lot since we bought the house, but he realized after he did this that probably 80% of the leaves in the yard come from the graveyard across the road. And there's one tree in particular -- right across from our place -- that always still has leaves on it, even weeks after all the other trees are bald. I bagged 14.5 leaf bags today all by myself. That was just from out front along the road, down either side of the big truck, and in front of the fence on the other side of the big truck. Took me 1.5 hours. Now my back is killing me. There's a lot of leaves underneath the big truck, too, that I will have to get either one day Travis is working or get him to move it back behind the fence next weekend to get those.

I finished the blue cabled cardigan set today. Well, except for the buttons. I don't have any that I like on it, so I am taking it to work tomorrow to get some. We don't really have much to chose from, but there should be something there. I made a list today of some things I would like to make for the store. It's fairly extensive. The majority of it will have to wait til after Christmas. It will be ready for tourist season, I guess.

Time to go start (and hopefully finish tonight) the pink hat for the next cabled set. Got to get in a more comfortable chair.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home