Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!

Well, I guess the owners of the place where I work have decided to take the plunge. They are going to sell yarn, knitting supplies, crochet cotton, and cross stitch supplies and kits! I'm so excited!

I wrote in earlier posts that our only yarn shop in town was in the process of closing out, and the owners of the place where I work were debating whether or not they wanted to buy some of her stuff. I knew they had been talking to the lady who owns the shop, and today they informed me that they had decided to go for it. I will be able to knit sample swatches and some finished items to sell. I think I'll make some socks, mitts, hats, and maybe even a poncho (if I can find a pattern I like). I will also make a couple of my own baby sets designs. I would also like to make some Kool Aid dyed yarn to sell. So many possibilities.... Will have to start a list. Anyhow, the existing shop has to be cleared out of their spot by the end of April, so we have to get started down here asap on rearranging and organizing the store for the new products. I didn't think they would do this -- I'm so excited!

Anyways, on the knitting front, I have been working slowly and steadily on Shane's scarf. The weather is getting nice out now, so he won't use it til the fall, therefore no big huge rush to finish it! I also am working on a pair of pink and green socks in kid's size 2-4 for the Dulaan Project. I turned the heel today on the first one. I also want to start a baby set with a frilly edge. I try not to get too many things on the go at once or I tend not to finish things.

Must go knit something.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home