Sunday, July 10, 2005

Oh, The Excitement!

We finally found another truck. We didn't get it at the place where we had set out for. When we got there that green Freightliner didn't look like the picture. Looked like it was in a smash-up derby, as did most of the trucks. It was banged up a lot, plus both windshields needed replacing. We drove a couple, didn't really like what they had, went to drive another one, which wouldn't start, so we were supposed to go back the next morning after they charged the batteries. Anywhooo, we ended up picking up a heavy equipment auto trader and were off in search of better things. He made a couple of calls, then we went for a drive. We happened to spot an International dealership off the highway and went to search for a way to get there. They had a lot of trucks, and one in particular caught our eye. It was a 1999 International Eagle. It was in really good shape, so we figured it was out of our price range. We ended up calling first thing in the morning and were shocked at the price and all of the work that had been done to it. Couldn't go wrong. It had been owned from new by a husband and wife team who looked after it extremely well. Even has laminate flooring (think they took a dog with them). Anyways, there she is in all of her yellow glory.

So let me tell you about our drive. Hartland is like 20 minutes from the US border. I have lived a very sheltered life and have never been to the US. So guess where we went for a few hours! Below are some pictures I took. Travis said I was driving him nuts with my excitement (imagine if I was there for a whole day or went down south or something!). We went to Wal-Mart, where I compared prices to back home, of course. Went and got some fuel (most places around here it's like $1.02 per litre for self serve - ridiculous!), took a little drive around, and stopped at a Chinese restaurant for supper. We were only there for a couple of hours, but it was fun! One of the guys I work with always picks at me because I have never been to the US or been on a plane. Now I can cross one of those things off the list!

It was a long drive up, about 8 hours. I finished the back of Logan's sweater and got about 1/4 of the way up the front. I had to drive home so Travis could bring the big rig, so by the time we got to Halifax it was dark, so no more knitting happened. Didn't get home til 12:30am.

Anyways, that was the excitement of the weekend. Oh, yes, and I was also bidding on some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Bittersweet on eBay, and I was happy to see that I won it. I'd been looking for that color for awhile and wasn't having much luck.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home