Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Invasion Begins

I'm being invaded, and I think the offspring are on their side...

They're even taking over my computer with their loud music and flashy dancing...

I'll be keeping my eye on them. Some play irritating music, some light up, and some do both. I understand there's like 18 different ones in all, but I don't think that many will be coming here.

I picked up a tree today. I'm sure it's not good enough for hubby. He's super fussy, but to me they all pretty much look the same once decorated (to a point). I'd like to get one of those artificial prelit ones that rotate, but I'm not allowed to have a fake tree. I do like the smell, but I feel bad that a tree gets cut down for a couple of week's pleasure. This one was just cut recently and baled, so I will leave it for a couple of days so the limbs relax. I want to get some new LED lights this year. I hate putting lights on the tree, that's usually hubby's job, but he probably won't be home til next week. I wouldn't have gotten the tree this early, but I decided best to do it while the Oldest One was in school and I had Nanny with me to help decide.

The Littlest One cleaned up the mess off the floor for me. He did a good job. I usually put the tree in the corner by the fireplace. This year I think I will keep it where hubby's chair used to be (before it went to the boneyard, no replacement yet). It will be more visible in my window here, and I won't have to move my chair, endtable, and fan. (I left the fan there cuz I use it to help dry felted stuff faster. I put the stuff on the back of my chair, and it lines up nicely with the fan. By morning they're usually dry.)


Last year we got one of those funky tree stands. I had to get the instructions out. I didn't have the foot pedal out the whole way, and I couldn't get it to swivel. Hubby usually does this, too. The tree will probably fall over after I get it decorated.

I made another pair of mittens. Here's the before and after. Patons Classic Wool, of course. Got another pair on the needles that I was hoping to get finished tonight, but I don't know.

I had a few more pictures to upload, but it crapped out on me. They'll have to wait til next time.

Happy knitting!





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree looks nice...We just put ours up and have absolutely no room to even walk through the living room. I'm really liking all of your felted mittens - the new red/pink ones are really pretty.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, you really *are* being invaded - these little ones look like such a lot of fun ;)
I really love your tree - as I see it, that's the perfect one indeed, so your hubby just has to be satisfied! But I'm sure he will - can't wait to see the tree all decorated and made up, in all its glory!
Love the mittens by the way - gorgeous!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Your tree looks fine and will be lovely when it is decorated. We broke down and got a pre lit artificial tree a couple of years ago. I just got so tired of needles everywhere and finding them for months afterwards.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Love the tree. I haven't had a real tree since my first christmas. I have huge fake one. I'm like you, I don't like the thought of cutting down a tree for such a short use. The mittens are cute. And , btw, you'll love the Karen's Sugar Free sock pattern. I did the orignal test knit on those for Chrissy. I has yet to make a pair for my self, but I love the pattern. And if you use the Lion Cashmere yarn, they make perfect house socks, so soft and warm.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your tree! You are right, after being decorated, they all pretty much are pretty.

I don't think I want any of those invaders in my house, I hope my son doesn't get that memo! Your mittens are great, as usual.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Those little creature things...when my 3 1/2 year old nephew was up a few weeks ago (with his parents), he had the light blue one...the tune was kind of catchy until you heard it umpteen times in a row...lol.

The tree looks like it's a nice one, and will look fabulous in the window all decorated up! We have one of those tree stands too, but this year we aren't getting a real tree. We got a fake one that had the lights already on it (unfortunately the lights are all white...I like multicoloured), and the stand came with it. It was on sale at Crappy Tire.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home