Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter 2010

Today was as nice as any summer day, yesterday was, too, but I had to work. The Easter Bunny found the boys, of course. They had their annual egg hunt, and they each got a body board for swimming this summer and some dive rings. They didn't have any dive toys, and they love to dive for stuff, so now we won't have to use change. And of course there were a couple of dinky cars in their baskets and the mandatory chocolate. They also each got new much needed sneakers, but they had to get them earlier. Too warm for winter boots now!

We went outside for a few hours, I raked up six more bags of leaves. Now I'm out of bags, but I think the raking is basically done. What is left should be able to be mowed over. Hubs took the plow off of the 4-wheeler and let the boys take a turn driving (in 1st gear). It wasn't working right, a brake seems to be sticking or something, it was a short event.

There was also bike riding.

The dogs came out back, but no one was close enough to Maggie, so she chewed her harness apart and got loose. She didn't go anywhere, so we temporarily fixed her up. I sat by her in a chair, then she was fine. Now she needs a new harness.
This one didn't chew her harness today, but she chewed through the first one I bought her two or three times til I couldn't fix it any more, and I had to throw it out.
We went to my parents' place for ham supper. Dad had his motorcycle out today and got me to take some pictures. It was black when he got it. Now it's a glittery red.

I do have some knitting to show. I used leftovers from these socks and these socks to make two small pairs, probably 12-18 months, for Warm Hand Innu Knits. I got an early start this year. These were started March 30, finished April 4. Ravelry details here.

Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Your dad's bike looks fabulous! Looks like you all had a good time this Easter, but the weather really was wonderful. Warm but without the bugs! :o)

9:39 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Wasn't the weather perfect!?

Love the bike, especially the colour!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Socks look great - and that Maggie is bad, bad, bad!
Your Dad's bike is awesome - I am so jealous.
Happy Easter!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Nice wheels! Love the colour!

The socks look fabulous, and what a good cause.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home