Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Constant Catch Up!


Seems like I'm always playing catch up on my blog!  But first my youngest kid is fundraising for Jump Rope For Heart.  If you'd like to help him reach his goal you can donate on line via this link.  Any little bit helps!! Thanks!!

All I have to show are socks, surprise, surprise.  I do have one other thing, but I can't show you, it's top secret, but all will be revealed in a little bit.

First up are a pair of Mock My Socks Off in Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label in pink grapefruit.  A bunch of my Knit Nite friends absolutely LOVE Tanis.  This was the first time I used it, and now I know why they all love it so much.  Ravelry details here.


Next up are another pair exactly like those above except they were made with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Solids in red cherry.  Ravelry details here.


And the last pair (for now!  got another pair finished just not photographed yet) are Riverrun knit with Wandering Cat Yarns Alley Cat in lagoon.  These were made for a friend for his birthday, and I think he should count himself extremely lucky since he got such special hand dyed and luxurious sock yarn and not some of my plain old man sock yarn from Mary Maxim or Patons, lol.  (Especially since I have known him literally all of my life.  My parents lived in an apartment in the house beside his parents' house, he's a year older than me, and I was born when we lived beside him.  And when we were kids he used to make my mother cut the crust off of his peanut butter sandwiches just because he knew it pissed her off, he wouldn't let me sing the Sesame Street theme song at his house, and he always accuses me to this day of stealing his Tonka trucks!  My mother always said he was the only four-year-old she ever wanted to kill.  But we are really good friends even though he was a meanie, lol.  Seriously, he was an aggravation, and he still can be when he wants to be!)  Ravelry details here.  


Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger elns said...

Your socks look really good! I feel like I'm perpetually fixing socks and not finishing them. I love all your yarn choices. The story of your childhood friend is fantastic. I like the ones where we admit kids aren't all just a bunch of precious twinkling smiles. hehe.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home