Friday, November 29, 2013

Just Keep Knitting, Just Keep Knitting!

I don't have a lot of things to knit for Christmas this year.  I do have a couple of scarves planned, a hat for baby nephew, and then everything else will depend on how much time I have.  There were a couple of other things I thought about, and if I have time I'll do them, if not, I ain't sweating it!  Gone are the days of me frantically knitting at midnight Christmas Eve, trying to finish something up or gifting one sock with an IOU for the other one.
 
First up on this catch up post is a pair of plain old vanilla socks in Patons Kroy summer moss jacquard.  Knit on 2.5mm needles, these were started on November 17, finished the 23rd, details here.
 
 
I got some new yarn with plans to make myself some sort of cowl.  Wandering Cat Yarns Twinkle Cat DK in sprite.


And last year someone lost his ear flap hat, so I whipped up another one in Briggs & Little Atlantic fern.  The pattern is Thorpe, I made the large size, but I should have sized down to medium as I used 6mm needles (cuz I couldn't find my 5.5mm).  But if worse comes to worse I can always try and felt it some.  He said he didn't mind if it was a bit loose. I even did a crochet edge, but it's single crochet.  I YouTubed how to do it, but I'm sure anyone who crochets would have been highly amused to watch my antics.  I know I don't hold my hook correctly, and I definitely don't hold the yarn correctly.  It was amusing, but I got it done.  I omitted the ties.  (And he actually wore it to school and didn't lose it yet!  Not like the camo hat incident.)  Details here.
 


Off to start a scarf!

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Can't wait to see what you knit with your Twink - I've just stashed some for myself too - I'm thinking cowl and hat
Socks look great and have is nice - I love it when kids go for bright colours

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home