Wednesday, March 26, 2014

White Juan 2?

So today we are experiencing what the weather people have been saying will be our worst blizzard of the season, a possible second White Juan.  I see according to Facebook a lot of people are without power already in my area.  I am prepared with lots of good drinking water, bread, rolls, margarine, peanut butter, jam, and cheez whiz should we lose power and can't cook.  And the dogs have dog food, and the cat has cat food.  We have 100-120km/hour winds, possible 40-50cm of snow, it started here about 6am, and it's supposed to go all day til after midnight.  Late afternoon/early evening we could get rain, but then it's supposed to change back to snow, thus making it very heavy and hard to shovel and snow blow. Needless to say the kids have no school, most places are shut down for the day.  (I won't be going to work - we won't open.  Even if we did I wouldn't be going.)  The kids may get a two-day break again, I will have to check the school status in the morning.  But the most important thing is that I have lots of yarn - 'tis a good day for knitting.

So here are my FOs since my last post.  First up are vanilla socks knit with Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in sugar maple.  Ravelry details here.


Next up are socks that took way too long to make as they were boring grey, so they kept taking the back seat to other, more interesting knits.  Just a 3x2 rib knit with Mary Maxim Simply Sock Yarn, Ravelry details here.


Next up are a pair of Mary Maxim Bounce socks, just a 2x2 ribbed cuff with a plain stockinette foot.  The heels and toes are posh pink, the main colorway is calypso.  Ravelry details here.



And the final pair are just like the pair above, knit with the same yarn only they're all posh pink.  Ravelry details here.


So that's it for now.  Got a pair of very pretty mock cable socks on the go now.  It's my first time knitting with Tanis Fiber Arts yarn.  A few of my Knit Nite ladies love Tanis, and now I know why!  It's soooo nice to knit with, and it knits up so nicely, I'm loving it!

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I like the orange socks the best!
I hope you're warm and dry and safe today!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Lots of great socks! I've been diligent in knitting the scarf I've been working on...but wanting to work on something else as well. I just need to find another pattern to start, lol.

2:16 PM  
Blogger elns said...

You're killing me. I'm struggling to finish my third pair of socks ever. They look great!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home