Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, today is my 33 birthday. So far it's off to a shitty start. We got some snow through the night, which changed to freezing rain, now rain, so the roads are a total mess. Have to work today, of course. Then the pager went off at 7am for a house fire (my husband is in the fire department) with possible entrapment. Turns out it was my husband's best friend's great uncle. He died, and the house was totally destroyed. Last night there was a chimney fire in Milton, so Travis went to that. We just live up around the corner from the fire hall. When he was coming home he didn't realize the roads were that slippery, and he ran into the house on the corner across from the hall. He didn't do anything to the house or truck (thankfully). We know the guy who owns the house (it's right on the road), and he was talking to him, so everything is cool. March is coming in like a lion!

On a brigher note, one of the guys that I work with game me a jar of his home-made strawberry freezer jam for my birthday. Can't wait to have toast for breakfast tomorrow! Or maybe even tonight when I get home. And the store will buy me a cake. Ma and Pa always give me money. I think I will buy pizza or something for supper tonight, and I suppose I should get a little cake as well. I'm sure the boys will expect birthday cake! This weekend we are going to White Point Beach Resort, so I can class that as my birthday/anniversary gift. (My mother-in-law won a gift certificate for two nights accomodations and gave it to us.)

http://www.whitepoint.com

Anyways, I know what the problem is with Hello! that I can't get my pictures to post, but I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Somehow it lost its "Web Link" to my blog. (Doesn't seem to have a very good help system.) I have more pictures to post, and I want to take my camera this weekend and will probably end up with even more!

Last night I didn't get much knitting done. I finished the mock cable ribbed hat for the Dulaan Project. It will fit a one-year-old. I like how it turned out, so I may make one for myself. The only other thing I did was start sewing the bonnets for the preemie sets. I did get some of my patterns out of the closet to look for some more stuff to do for the DP. Maybe tonight will be more productive.

Must go, Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home