Thursday, April 07, 2005

And We Wait and We Wait

We have been rearranging the store and cleaning it up, making room for the yarn that is to come. They are busy doing inventory at the yarn shop, making sure the actual yarn count matches their book. As the sections of yarn are counted and checked they will send it down here. Then I will have to enter it into our inventory in our computerized system. I think we will have to keep their book going for now to keep track of dye lots. They refer to it on a daily basis, so I think it will be a good thing for us, too. Especially if the guys who work here have to look something up for someone! (That should give Karen and me a good chuckle!) Ideally this book tells you how many balls of yarn you actually have on hand in certain colors and dye lots.

One of the ladies who works in the yarn shop now was in a few minutes ago. She is going to help out here for a couple of months til we get things going. (She isn't "losing" her job. She just does it for something to do and doesn't want to work in the summer.) I asked her about some of the wool they have and if it's good for felting. She went out to her car and brought in a bag she had made and felted. One thing I never thought of til she brought it to my attention was the wear and tear on the washing machine. A lady in town wore hers out, and she blamed it on all the fuzz from felting so much stuff. Good to note. I don't plan on felting too much stuff, but I would like to try a couple of things. I am going to learn sooooo much once this lady and the owner are here to help us out!

I am also anxious to get some yarn down here so I can start making finished stuff for the store. I am working on a baby set for the store. I have a bunch of yarn home that I bought on eBay for an excellent deal, and we will be selling it in the store. I think I may knit a sweater for the store out of it. I had originally wanted to make one for myself, but it wasn't my first choice colorwise (couldn't pass up the deal). I may end up seeing if they have the color I want and exchange it or something.

On the needles right now is Shane's scarf (still!), Dulaan socks, and two baby sets. I also have one cabled mitten finished, either for the store or Dulaan, haven't fully decided yet.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home