Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First Day of School

Darren started school this year. He likes it okay I guess. Doesn't say too much. When the bus arrived this afternoon two kids got off - no Darren. There was another woman there who asked the bus driver if there were any more to get off. We had to go on and find them. There was a kid sitting on the outside of Darren. I told him he'd better stand up and ask them to please let him out or he'll end up god knows where! Logan misses his really badly. He goes to preschool next year. I didn't take any pictures with my digital, so when I use the film up I will scan some and post them. I don't like how the busses run, though. One bus comes along first, but if he takes that he has to switch at the Wickwire school, so he waits to get on a different bus. In the afternoon yet another bus drops him off. Today he was wearing a tag that said "Please put me with So and So", as were a couple of the other kids -- but that wasn't the driver of the bus they were on! Makes me think I should have driven him, but he was so looking forward to going on the bus.

I started enumerating today. At least we have to go in pairs - I hate going door to door for anything, but this pays really well. Trouble with going through the week days is a lot of people aren't home. We are doing some different roads tomorrow and plan on going back to check on those places we got no response at on Friday night, weather permitting. We have 10 or 11 roads to do, some quite long, 170 houses all together, I believe. My computer comes due Oct 10, so I am hoping to get enough money to nearly pay for it, maybe have to add $150-200 to boot. That would be nice considering I don't have anything saved towards it since Travis got his first paycheque all summer on Friday finally. No sign of a settlement yet, which was supposedly going to be here the end of August (yeah, right). And still waiting for his HST, which normally takes about 9 days but has been over a month now. Must be where it's quite big with the tax on the new truck we had to get.

I think I will get some wool soon to make the boys mittens. I will do thumbless ones for Logan. The lady next door knit him a pair winter before last, and he really liked them. He hauls his thumbs out anyways, so why bother knitting them. I may do a smaller pair to fit inside a larger pair for both of them instead of the thrummed mitts for now. One of our customers does that for her kids, and she said they love them.

Got the last sleeve of the baby set about half done. We only have til Sept 19 to get our enumerating done, so knitting will be sparse til it's done. Hope to get this set finished over the weekend. I will use the proceeds from this sale to buy superwash wool for Christmas socks and some yarn for a Christmas scarf as well.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home