Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a big day for my oldest - he starts school. I have everything ready, I think. I have my mother's neighbor hemming two pairs of pants and a pair of overalls for me. They were way too long for him, and I'm not much at sewing. I will have to go pick them up tonight. He needed to take two boxes of Kleenex, a white dress shirt to turn into a lab/art coat, a pair of sneakers to keep in school, and a complete change of clothes in a bag "just in case". I paid $30 to the school for all of his school supplies. I had to buy him a lunchbox and a bookbag. I think it's $60some for milk for the year.

We didn't get to go to the drive in. We took the boys to Oaklawn Farm - home of the world's largest lion, Rutledge, so by the time we got back and got some supper it was too late. We ended up watching Return of the Jedi on CBC. The first campground that we stayed had really nice fireworks Saturday night. Then the campground that we stayed at Sunday night had fireworks, too. We were able to watch them right from our camper. The next two weekends Travis has ball tournaments in town, so we should get to go to Oakhill Pines (about 1/2 hour away) the last weekend of September. That may be the last one for the season, or possibly the weekend after that. The place where we bought our camper is like 5 minutes from the campground, so we are going to leave it there on the way home so they can winterize it for us. I think that's about $50. Better to get pros to do it so it gets done right.

I took the Casual Cables sweater with me to work on. I'm doing the back, so I have the ribbing done and about 40 rows or so. It's slow going. I will put it on the backburner temporarily. I am going to concentrate on finishing the cabled baby cardigan and hat before the baby outgrows it. I have a hoodie that I am making for the store out of Sirdar Snowflake that I knit when I am at work. I probably won't get much done tonight. I am taking enumerator training at seven for about an hour ($50!), then I have to try to get Darren ready for bed early and get his stuff ready for school. Don't want to miss the bus in the morning! Plus I have to go to the grocery store when I get off and make sure I buy some film to "capture the moment" tomorrow!

http://www.oaklawnfarmzoo.ca/
http://www.southmountainparkcampground.com/

PS - They didn't win the ball tournament - lost their second game on Sunday by two runs.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home