Saturday, October 22, 2005

Fabric Cafe

Shelly and I went to sign up for the Fabric Cafe today. I think we were only the third and fourth people for it. It's a small-town version of Stitch N Bitch, open to knitters, cross stitchers, rug hookers, etc. They were going to hold it one morning through the week at a local restaurant/cafe, but now they are talking about an evening at one of the lady's house. Have to see how it goes. Hopefully interest will pick up.

I brought the Sirdar Snowflake sweater home from the store this weekend. I have to do the sleeves and the hood. I'll be glad to get it done. I don't care for that yarn at all - doesn't flow well. I switched from weird Inox kinda flexible needles to bamboo, and it's going better. Hope to get it done so I can start something else for the store.

My 17 year-old nephew was in a car accident today. I don't have all the details yet, but apparently he was a passenger in a car that was racing another car. He had no seatbelt on and was thrown out the back window. He has a broken leg for sure. I don't know anything else. He was awake and talking to my aunt and uncle. He lives with my mother's sister, and last I knew they were going to the hospital, as was his father, my brother.

One of the guys I work with and his friend are currently in Las Vegas. I called him a little while ago. They went to see Elton John the first night they were there. He said that was awesome. They leave for Los Angeles tomorrow, then I don't know where they are staying. Right now they are here: http://www.stratospherehotel.com/ They have tickets to The Price is Right on Tuesday and tickets to The Ellen Degeneres Show on Wednesday. They aren't guaranteed a spot at either one. They hand out more tickets than the studios hold and do a first-come, first-serve basis to fill the seats. TPIR airs three weeks after it is taped, Ellen airs the next day.

Must go check on my supper.

Happy knitting!

**My brother called my mother and said my nephew's leg was broken really badly, high up his leg. He has a cut over his eye. They checked him out and said everything else was okay, but he was being airlifted to Halifax. The hospital where he was has no surgeon, and if he needs pins they can't do that there. Will update tomorrow if I hear more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Hi Sheri,sorry to hear about your nephew. Sounds like he will be ok and maybe has learned a valuable lesson about wearing seatbelts.

I had thought about going to that Stitching thing but I have a horrid cold and missed it. Maybe next time.

I will probably be in the store on Monday to knit up something boiled for Karen, so if she or you know what you want me to do, I can pick it up then.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Sorry to hear about your nephew as well. :(

Just wanted to pop in and say welcome to the Momma to a Boy ring. Your little guys are very cute! I imagine they keep you on your toes.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home