Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Overdone

I think I've overdone it. My left wrist is bothering me really badly. Almost six years ago (just a few months after Darren was born) I had to get a cortizone shot in it. I have a rare form of tendonitis. Back then the pain was almost unbearable and went up almost to my elbow before the doctor finally did something for me. I was so scared that I would drop Darren trying to get him in or out of his crib. Mornings when I would wake up I would have to take my right hand and move my left arm because I couldn't move it by itself because of the pain. Anyways, I had no trouble until a few months back. It bothered me somewhat then, but tonight it is the worst it's been since the needle. I have been knitting a lot lately, but I think it may be because the stuff I'm making is cabled. I'm not really knitting any more than normal, but I believe that holding the cable needle is the major root of my problem. I have to finish the set I am working on as soon as possible -- preferrably within the next two days -- as it was an order. Then I will have to try to rest it somewhat and pick at the socks and slippers that I have to make for Christmas gifts. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't knit. I already gave up cross-stitch because of my wrists. I hardly ever touch that, and when I do it is something very fast and small.

Anyone interested in good buys on Alafoss Lopi or Iceland Lopi check out my eBay auctions. I listed a bunch for the store today. I also have a couple of listings for Novita Maxi Mohair. My eBay id is lexa_ns. Either use it in Advanced Search for seller, or link to my other website on the sidebar (Darganknits), and click on the eBay auctions link on the first page of my site.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home