Sunday, October 01, 2006

Season Over

Camping is done for another year. The campground where we have a seasonal lot closed today til Victoria Day weekend next May. (It's the third weekend in May, long weekend, holiday Monday.) At 4 this afternoon the power and water were shut off, but we were out of there around 2:30. I did four loads of laundry since I got home, and I'll have more once the camper is back in the yard. I left a lot of the bedding in it til we bring it home from the RV place where it's being MVIed and winterized. That will be in about two weeks.

Didn't get a lot of knitting done this weekend. There was a pot luck supper last night for the seasonals who were still at the campground, plus there were some others there who came to it, too. It was an End of the Season/Birthday party for three people. This morning we did pot luck breakfast. Then it was time for everyone to pack up and help each other get their campers out of the lots without hitting anything. (Wooded and lots of big rocks.) I did work on my Mystery Socks. I just started the heel on the first one. I crossed a cable the wrong way yesterday. I almost didn't notice it. I tried to recross it, but it still didn't look right. I was going to leave it. They're only socks for me, and unless I pointed it out I doubt anyone would notice it. But, of course, I ended up ripping back about six rows to correct it. It did feel better in the end! That little boo-boo would just aggravate me to no end.

Well, off to check the laundry situation yet again. I think there's a load in the dryer and another one waiting to go in.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Sounds like a great way to end the season. Potluck and more potluck!
I know what you mean about the socks. I would have done the same thing. I just couldn't bear having an error and not fixing it.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, this seems to be the perfect way to close up the season! I'm sure you're going to miss the fun times at the campground - but then again, next May will be here in no time (hopefully!)

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home