Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Booga Booga

I finished my Booga Bag. Knit exactly as directed in Noro Kureyon Color #149, I think. It was my first time knitting i-cord. Not the most pleasing thing to knit, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. The thick-thin thing with the Noro makes the handle a bit skinnier in some places than others (which irks me), so I did some "fluffing and puffing" in places when it was wet to try to even it out. I see some in the Booga Gallery that are knit with Noro but use a different yarn for the bottom and handle. That may be a good idea, too, so as to only use two skeins of Noro instead of three. I was left with about half a skein. I didn't think til I was finished felting this that I should have made a little cell phone cozy to match with the leftovers. I may yet, you never know.

I am at the heel of the second sock to match the other one for the Littlest One. I think I'll cast on for a pair made the same way (more stitches, of course) for the Oldest One as soon as I'm finished, hopefully tonight. Not sure what else I will work on. I may work on a couple of adult sweaters that are kicking around here, both started for the store. One is made with this in Crystallite Cream, and if it turns out well and fits me I may keep it. If I can finish it by the first weekend in May (fire department annual banquet -- formal dinner). So far I only have the back completed, but it's 8mm needles. A quick knit except you have to be careful not to drop stitches. It's a bitch to fix if you do. I had originally chose to do this for the store because we weren't really selling much of the yarn, so I thought it might help move it along. (If you want to see a pic click here, and it's the fourth picture down, Cowl Neck Sweater Knit Version.)

Took the boys down the road to my former elementary school the other night to use their new basketballs. The Littlest One can't quite make the ball reach, and he got quite upset. It was quickly overcome by using the basketball as a soccer ball instead.
I have another loaner car from the garage. They thought the power steering pump went in the truck, it was extremely hard to turn the steering wheel at times. The part was backordered, and the last few days before it came in it had gotten so bad that I didn't want to take the truck anywhere in case the steering gave out on me altogether. It actually made my arms sore, that's how bad it was. They called today to say that it wasn't the pump after all, but the entire steering rack, so the truck shouldn't be driven. (After telling us it was just the pump and it wouldn't hurt to drive it.) Good thing we still have warranty til July. The steering rack is backordered as well, so I will probably be stuck with the Intrepid for a couple of weeks. (It's not bad, but I'm used to a truck. At least it's better than the last loaner I had for over a week -- a not-in-great-shape Neon.) Sometimes you just get a lemon, I guess. We got this truck brand new in July 2004, so we've had it less than three years. Its had all of its warranty checks/oil changes/service stuff, but it still has had numerous problems. I don't think we've hit 32,000 kms yet! So we only average maybe 10,000 kms/year.

Anyhoo, must go start some chow for the hoodlums.

Happy knitting!

11 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

very nice Booga! I have had my eye on the pattern for quite a while, and haven't made one -- but now I see yours, I think I will try one sometime soon!

I sent my payment in today re: the class in Mahone Bay. She said she'll soon send out the specs on the swatch

Getting close!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors in your Booga bag.

Bummer about the truck. Hope they get it back in shape for you real soon. I drive two different vehicles, but I like my CR-V better than the car so I totally can understand missing your truck.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up about other bib patterns. I don't think I could stand doing another plain one. LOL But, I did want to gift more than one bib to Ellen.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Love the bag! It really came out well and a phone holder would look very nice with it.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Heddy said...

Thanks for the link to Austerman -- the colours you picked are nice! I like the 7 - jagged the best of those. I also like (and by saying this, would probably only get one of each -- so if my taste is wonky, you could end up with lots of these colours! LOL! so don't go by my taste! I lean toward bright and fun colours - and anything orange or lime green has me everytime heheh.) ... 21 petrol, 25 - moss, 28 - harlequin, and 08 brombur

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This is the most awesome bag indeed - it looks fabulous! Seeing these pics certainly inspired me even more to try my hands at knitted/felted bags too very soon - I'm so curious to find out if that'll work out for me too!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Heddy said...

the order would work out well ... I like 7 and 8 (jagged and Brombur) ... what are the #s aof the 2 you already have in stock? It would be nice if you could get something in place of them (gras and I'm not sure of the colour of the other one), but there are probably no substitutions. The other ones I like, are of Course, outside the range of the next 10 numbers of colours heheh ... that's the way it works!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love your Booga Bag! I think I'm going to have to order more Noro and make one...

10:34 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Love the bag...great job.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I made a Booga bag a few years ago for my sister for Christmas and now seeing yours it inspires me to make another one. I also made two felted hats that year and my two aunts loved them. Last year I thought I would do one for my sister--it just didn't felt at all. I don't know what I did to it but I will try again.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

I love your booga bag! I just picked up some Patons SWS on my trip, and am currently knitting one of these. :0)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home