Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Four and Five of Fifty-Two


Broadripple socks for MIL for Mother's Day
Fortissima Socka of some sort (threw the ball band out already!)
pattern followed to the T

The first picture has the most accurate color, I think. (I so prefer outside pictures!) I had one heck of a time trying to get the second sock to match the first sock! It didn't turn out perfect, but it's way better than it would have been had I just continued straight from the skein. (See the previous looonnnngggg post, near the end, for details.) MIL and I have the same size foot, so I got to model hers. I wouldn't my mother's cuz she wears a 6, I wear an 8, and I didn't want to stretch them.

I also finally finished the Brooklyn Handspun Thomas the Train 3x2 ribbed socks for the Oldest One. These kept taking the back seat to other things. They are just a larger version of the Littlest One's socks. I used 2.25mm needles, 65sts (in retrospect I could have gotten away with no more than 60sts). 3x2 rib, standard heel flap over 30sts, continue the rib on the top of the foot over 35sts, plain stockinette sole over 30sts. I decreased 5sts over the top of the foot before working the standard toe down to 20sts. (Think I picked up 18sts for the gusset and worked standard decreases.)

He says, "Look at the bottoms!"

I kinda like the funky pooling around the ankles. The other sock has a similar pooling.
The assistant manager at the store just got back from California. He brought me this t-shirt. He went there 16 months ago, and I won't tell you what he brought me back last time (considering this should be classed as a "family" blog!). Heddy knows what he brought me...



Next on the needles I have three pairs or so of child socks to be the final additions to my Dulaan box. I want that ready to go right around June 1, so I'd best get moving. I'm sort of experimenting on some patterns, nothing too complicated since I don't have much time, but if they work out I'll post them. (Just in case anyone is interested in child socks for any other charities or personal use.)
Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

The socks are really nice. I just got some sock yarn for mother's day and can't decide which pair of socks to do next.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the broadripples! Only 47 more to go....

8:34 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Hey! Love the socks.

Just catching up on blog reading in the few minutes I have at work. My laptop is down right now, and won't be up till the new cord arrives.

Did the package I sent you ever arrive? If not, let me know, I have stock piled a few goodies that I know you'll love.

Talk to you later.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love both pairs of socks! I really like the colourway of the socks for your mil!

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are really beautiful - awesome colours too!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Great socks!! Love the action shot there on the floor!!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Awesome socks! :0)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home