Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hats

Six hats for Christmas! All made with Patons Canadiana. It's a nice twisted rib watch cap pattern. I did add ten rows of length to five of the hats, five rows of length to one hat.

Hard to photograph the top of your own head! This is what the top of the hats look like.

I've also finished a scarf for hubby's sister, but it isn't blocked yet. I am also to the heel on the first sock of the second pair of work socks for step FIL. I had hoped to have them finished by Sunday night, but there was too much on the go on the weekend and last week to reach my goal.
Every Tuesday we get a couple of young guys visit us from a local church that my husband's grandmother goes to. One of them is from Calgary and is a Flames fan. He told his mother that we are Flames fans, too. Apparently she goes overboard at Christmas and sent us all this stuff! We each now have a Flames stocking, hubby got a car window flag and hockey puck, the kids each got Flames gloves, a tree ornament, and a laser pointer that projects the flaming C. I got a Christmas dvd. Very nice from someone we've never met, I'd say!

Sunday was the Christmas party for the kids at the fire hall. They got to decorate some cookies.

They had a toy grab, and I think the Littlest One is going to be an arms dealer. He mostly grabbed water guns. He must have twenty. I put them away for the campground next summer.

One little guy at the party, about two years old, decorated these. I think he likes a little bit of cookie with his spinkles!

The Oldest One. This year they got a treat bag with an apple, orange, chocolate bar, bag of chips, candy cane, and loose foil-wrapped candies. They also got a bag with dollar store type toys and a package that had a coloring book, smaller"funpad" and a box of four crayons.

The Littlest One asked for Crunchits.

I tried to get a decent picture of the boys together so I can maybe have a couple of mugs or Christmas ornaments made for gifts. They don't co-operate very well. (There are more pictures in my Flickr album. Their eyes looked weird when I posted the pics here. Maybe it was the red eye correction. Boys 2 or Boys 3 will probably be the picture I'll use.)


And I think it's time to give up baking. The other day I made oatmeal cookies. Had them cooling on a wire rack which slipped off the counter when I was unloading a panful, so they all ended up on the floor except for about five. Just made peanut butter cookies. The first pan was fine, second pan burned and sent to the compost! (And I'm supposed to be making something for the gym's bake sale table this weekend!)
Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

I found the secret to stop burning cookies ... buy a pampered chef cooking stone. Haven't burned cookies in the past 2 weeks :) (not a cheap cure for burning though ... sorry)

Merry Christmas!!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

I never usually burn cookies, guess I just wasn't paying attention enough. :(

7:36 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Wow, you've been busy!! :-)

Great hats. That one's been on my list to do for a while now.

I like that bottom picture of the boys!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Burnt cookies? Oh yes please - can you believe that I love cookies best when they're a bit burned? Okay, not totally black if possible, but a bit burnt is definitely okay! My Mom always makes this special batch of vanilla cookies for me for XMas - she leaves the ones for me in the oven a while longer than the others so that I get my share of burnt cookies. Yesssss ;)
What an absolutely awesome package you guys got - and this from someone you've never met? Woah! This makes the heart of every hockey fan beat a lot faster - GO FLAMES!!! ;) How are they doing this season, btw? I didn't get round to follow much of the NHL this season yet, shame on me!
I so love the pics of the boys, seems they had such a lot of fun!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

Very nice hats!!
It is hard to take a picture of the top of ones own head! I had to do it by looking in the mirror at the LCD screen on my camera and snap...too funny.
Looks like the party was great.
My grandmother used to burn her cookies, but we all felt that she was doing on purpose and that she liked them that way. hahahh.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home