Saturday, July 19, 2008

July Socks, SOS #2

We went camping on Thursday but came home late last night. I had a funeral to go to this morning and a wedding at 2pm. Now I'm just lazing around in the heat, waiting for the wedding dance to start. I finally finished Ma's Stretch Socks. Started July 9, finished July 19, Patons Stretch Sock in sugar, 60sts, 2.25mm needles, heel over 30sts, toe to 20sts. Ladies size six.


This picture is the most accurate for color -- the others have a yellowish tinge, but I'm too hot and lazy right now to edit them.
Got two skeins of the new Bernat Sox the other day. Hot tamale on the right, crazy hot on the left.

This is going to be SOS #4. It's Cherry Tree Hill in monet, and I'm going to make Show-Off Stranded Socks for my best friend, the one who was just home for vacation. The goal is to finish them by August 12 cuz her birthday is the 22nd, and it has to get sent to Alberta.

This is also going to be a pair for her, I hope. I want to make Quill Lace. It's On Your Toes Bamboo in ivory.

Lastly I'll leave you with a picture of the Oldest One's fishtank and his four fish. Can you find them?

I also ended up leaving the pet store with a betta set and fish, of course.


Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

Mom's socks look great! Love your choices for BF socks , especially the Show off Stranded socks . You are such an enabler, looks like my Ravelry queue will be getting even longer.

We're having the heat here as well along with horrible humidity . we don't have air condtioning either , so not I'm getting a lot of sleep these days . Making me a teeny bit cranky according to DH.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Your mom's socks turned out very nice! I'm sure she'll be pleased.
The socks for your friend will be gorgeous in that colourway! Really bright and cheerful.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home