Friday, May 14, 2010

How Did You Spend Your Friday Night?

Q: How did you spend your Friday night?

A: I went to outpatients, and luckily they weren't very busy, so I wasn't there too long.

Q: Why did you have to go to outpatients?

A: Because my Evil Bitch-Baby, Old Lady Cat, Nala, bit me. Had to get a tetanus shot and antibiotics for 10 days.

Q: Why'd she do that?

A: She's got something quiffy happening with her back. I was holding onto her neck as I was trying to comb some of the loose fur from her back, but I didn't have ahold of her well enough. She whipped around and bang-bang-bang, before I knew it she'd bitten me three or four times. She's fast for an old lady. She can't really groom her back any more without taking a spasm and flopping over like one of these guys. (video results here) I should have had better hold on her, she can't be brushed anywhere except for her head, ears, and chin. And she's a calico, they can tend to be cranky anyways.

Q: Will you be able to knit?

A: The hand is pretty darned sore right now, and the doctor says it will get worse over the next few days. Apparently cat bites are a very nasty bite to receive. It's my left hand, so it's the holding hand, not the throwing hand. We'll see....

This has been a crappy week. I had the flu early in the week, I didn't feel well the rest of the week til late yesterday afternoon. I still don't have much of an appetite (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!). I'm getting yet ANOTHER cold, and now I got bit and had to have a needle and pills and have a hurtin' hand.

Happy knitting to everyone else, though!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Cat bites do suck! Hopefully it's not too bad. Sending good juju your way!

9:31 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

It's starting to hurt really badly now, hot and throbbing. I've got an icepack on it, doc said to do that for a couple of days. It happened about four hours ago, and he said it would be worse over the next couple of days.

I told Nala she wouldn't be getting her bedtime treats, but of course I just gave them to her. She's still my baby, even though I'm mad at her. :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

OMG That's totally awful! What could you have done to p*** the health gods off so bad. I mean, give me a break. Stomach flu, cat bite and a cold!
Hope you feel way better soon!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Oh man ,this is definitely not your week . Hope you heal quickly and that the cold is shortlived . Take care , sending healing vibes your way !

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better soon! I know what you mean about giving the treats...you can't stay mad at them for long, can you?

8:04 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh, my, I had no idea cat bites were so bad. I think I'll start being nicer to my cat. ;-)

Heal quickly!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home