Saturday, October 08, 2005

Not So Productive

I've had a not-so-productive day. We ended up going to Bridgewater this morning to drop the camper off to be winterized and take four big truck tires to the place to be recapped. Both places were only open til one today, so it was a bit of rushing to get there. Plus I was supposed to go to work by one. I ended up getting there about 15 minutes late. Not my Saturday to work, but I did it to help out.

I took knitting with me for the drive down. I was working on the sleeves to the preemie jacket I am making. We ended up going through Tim Horton's on the way home. Long story short I got a french vanilla, we hit a bump in the road, french vanilla dribble on baby pink sleeve, baby pink sleeve gone bye-bye. Thankfully I wasn't too far along. I have more than enough yarn to finish the set, so I just started another sleeve. Then we had a busier than normal Saturday at the store, so no knitting done there. (Someone did buy the small felted buttonhole bag I made!) Had to do a couple of errands after work, but I did manage to finish one sleeve and am about a third of the way done the second one. Last night I did get one of the scarves on my weekend list finished. (Pics to come when more FOs.) The mother-in-law called tonight and has invited us to her place for supper tomorrow night. She is a half-hour drive away as well, but in the opposite direction of today's trip. More cutting into my knitting time, but hey, it's a free meal, and she cooks for a living so it's damn good!

I bought a ham for Monday and will try my hand at that. Ma usually makes glazed ham but isn't bothering this year. Hope mine turns out okay. Also will do scalloped potatoes and either brownies or bake one of the frozen pies I bought from the VON fundraiser. (Monday is Thanksgiving in Canada.)

Got a two-year-old wandering around, gotta go get him back to bed.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home