Wednesday, September 21, 2005

JD the Rock Star!

Congratulations to fellow Nova Scotian, JD Fortune, who won the Rock Star INXS contest! I didn't miss a show all summer, and last night was the finale. We had a severe thunder storm last night, which started about 9pm, along with strong winds and rain. I woke up about 1:30, and it was still doing it. Our lights dimmed three of four times. I was not impressed - we've been here for over four years, and I was sure the power was going to go out. We've only ever lost it maybe twice, once that I remember for sure. Usually the streets all around us go out, but we are on a different line, so ours stays on. Anyways, the lights dimmed right when they came back from commercial break to announce the winner -- either JD or Marty -- and I was thinking not now, not now! when they got brighter and didn't do it any more. One of the guys I work with is a Big Brother fan. His satellite dish rained out, so he and his roommate went over to the store to watch the last 20 minutes of it on our digital cable. (We are a dealer for the local digital cable company.)

I finished up a baby jacket and bonnet (my design) tonight. Today at work I picked out some nice buttons to match some of the baby yarn I have to use up. I find it hard to get nice buttons. We haven't seen a rep from any company yet since taking over the Ball n Skein that sells buttons. We did get a lot that they already had when we took over, but a lot of them are old and quite frankly ugly, nothing I'd use on baby sets or anything else for that matter. Some are nice, but the lady I have in mind to sell these to doesn't like flashy, colorful buttons. She likes ones that are fairly plain and match the color of the jackets well.

May have some pictures to post tomorrow. I have the whole day off. Darren will be gone to school from 8:45 til 2:45. Think I will take Logan grocery shopping in the morning and for a walk after lunch. It's supposed to be really nice out.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home