Thursday, October 06, 2005

Weekend Knitting Goals

I decided to make a list of knitting goals for this weekend. I have to finish the last preemie set for my customer in Idaho and get the box ready to mail on Tuesday. That is a must. I also have to do the other half of the child's boucle poncho for the store. I have two scarves that I want to make, as well as finish my socks I started ages ago (have one almost finished), and I'd like to get the back of the adult sweater finished. If I can get these things done this long weekend I will be a happy camper.

Today I didn't get too much knitting done. It ended up only drizzling a couple of times. Other than that it was hot and muggy. I did get out this afternoon while Darren was in school and Logan was at Nanny's to put a coat of primer on my garage doors. They were originally painted black, and they were peeling really badly. Should have been painted ages ago. Anyhoo, the primer was quick-dry in like half an hour. I pretty much was done for about half an hour when it decided to drizzle a bit. Next week hopefully it will be nice one day when Darren is in school so I can take Logan to Nanny's and put the finish paint on them. I am going to paint them the same color as the main color of the house - a sort of beige/tan color. They definitely look better than they did before, even with just the primer.

I guess Martha Stewart is getting to come to Nova Scotia after all. This weekend she was supposed to be in Windsor for their pumpkin festival, but because she has a felony record she was supposed to get a special visa to come, which she didn't. Her camera crew was to be there regardless, and it was going to be on her show. Today I heard on the radio that she got her special visa, so now she'll be there. The pumpkin festival is pretty neat there - they have these pumpkin scarecrows everywhere, and they are done up so neat.

Anyways, getting past my bedtime.

Check these out:
http://www.haveayarn.ca/index.htm
http://www.lismoresheepfarmwoolshop.com/

Hope to have some FO pictures this weekend.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home