Sunday, October 23, 2005

Snowflake Aggravation

My dislike for Sirdar Snowflake is being reinforced. I finished the sleeves and had joined the shoulder seams to start the hood. I followed the pattern to the letter, but I had noticed that the front neck shaping looked a little "long". Once I started the hood my first hunch was proven correct. There's no way that this is going to work. After much difficulty I got the shoulder seams out and ripped the front back to where the shaping starts. It is going to be a nice sweater when it's finished, but I doubt I'll ever use this yarn again. Well, maybe only if someone requests something with it. For now I am just going to put it away. Think I will work on the thrummed mittens some next. I will try to finish the dreaded Snowflake sweater later in the week.

I haven't heard anything new yet on my nephew. I guess they ended up not taking him to Halifax by air ambulance, just a regular one. They pumped him full of morphine for the pain. I don't know what exactly he had to have done or how long he'll be in the hospital. My brother-in-law went through this same thing a few years ago - car accident, badly broken leg, surgery & pins, etc, and was hospitalized only for a couple of days. Hopefully this will be about the same.

Off to try some thrumming (again!).

Happy knitting!

** They had to put a rod in his upper leg. He will be in the hospital for about a week. Ma tried to call him tonight, but his line was busy. I didn't talk to her again to see if she got through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home