Friday, October 14, 2005

Thrummed Mittens Update

I realized last night that I was using a pattern for two-needle thrummed mittens and had, of course, started mine on four needles. I thought I'd be able to adjust the pattern, but once I got to the thumb it all eluded me. I haven't knit enough mittens to easily modify the pattern. I returned to the Yarn Forward web site and have found that they do, indeed, have a four-needle pattern: http://www.yarnfwd.com/mitt4n.html

And, of course, I have ripped out what I had started prior to finding this other pattern. Back to the drawing board!

This pattern is for adult size only, so I think I may do a normal child's mitten pattern in a larger size than what I actually want and just insert the thrums as directed. I was talking to someone already who said any mitten pattern can be thrummed, basically. We'll see!

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home