Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thrumming Along

I finished the child's size 6-8 poncho for the store. It's blocking as we speak. I took a picture of it and will post it when I have more photos to transfer. We are going to the Fire Prevention Parade tonight, so I may take some at that.

I have started the mittens I need to make for Darren's school raffle draw next month. I am using this pattern: http://www.yarnfwd.com/mitt2n.html but I am using 4mm for the cuffs as well. I had the cuff finished on the 3.25mm needles, but it was too tight on Darren's wrist. I only have ten rows ribbed so far, but I think it's going to be alright. So although this title is "Thrumming Along", I haven't actually thrummed anything yet. Additional comment: Realized once I got to the actual row to insert thrums that the pattern is for two-needle mittens. I, of course, am using four. Had to add a stitch to space the thrums correctly. I think everything will be cool til the top shaping. May hopefully just need to refer to a pattern for four-needle mittens to decrease the top. Mental Note: Must look patterns over better before starting projects in the future.

I want to make one of these for the store as well: http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50405220&yarnid=5420113 only thing I will try to modify the neck. Don't really like how that looks. I still have never tried the self-striping yarn. Nova Knitter was in the store yesterday and says to go ahead and try the sweater. I was going to try a pair of toddler socks first, but she says I'll have no problem with the sweater. (I can always get her to help - she's made beautiful baby sweaters with the striping yarns. Check out her blog on the sidebar.) I guess the only thing is grasping that the yarn really does stripe itself. I'll just have to get some and try it instead of thinking about it too much.

Back in mid-September I went enumerating (same as census taking in the US). I was hoping to make enough money to pay for at least half of my computer that I bought on six months no interest, no payments. I ended up only having to put about $112 with it, so now that's paid for (relief!).

Oh, yes, before I forget - momentous day yesterday at the store! We sort of have competition between the different departments in the store. One guy does the framing, I have the mini lab and yarn, Shelly has yarn, another guy cell phones, the owner computers, etc (quite a mish-mash for a small store, huh?). Anyhoo, the yarn department sales hit its highest for the day since we started selling it back in the spring and it was the highest department overall for the day for the first time! Take that, Mr. Frame-It, who said it would never happen. Ha!

Must go get the boys ready for the parade. More pictures to come soon!

Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Congrats on the yarn department winning for the day. That's a big accomplishment!! Looking forward to seeing your pics!!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home