Thursday, October 05, 2006

Distraction

I have no pictures of work in progress or FOs today, so instead I will distract everyone with some pictures of some yarn I have for Tweeding Along. In fact, most of this will kill two birds with one stone. The light blue, dark blue, and the green Shetland Chunky Tweeds will make hat and mitten sets for my boys, plus one set for a donation for the oldest's school raffle draw. Mittens for Knittin' Mittens KAL and tweeds for Tweeding Along. The red Shetland Chunky Tweeds is going to be an Irish Hiking Scarf for the Red Scarf Project. That actually kills three birds -- Tweeding Along, Irish Hiking Scarf KAL, and the Red Scarf Project! Dontcha just love it when you make something that gives you points for more than one KAL?! Well, the Red Scarf Project isn't really a KAL, but close enough!

I find I'm becoming a yarn snob. I find myself leaning toward wool or blends now. This stuff is 25% wool, 75% acrylic. It's really soft and machine washable. There's some sweaters I'd like to knit for the boys, and even for those I'm looking at this yarn or some superwash wool of some sort. I still greatly prefer machine wash! Although some of the socks I have are hand-wash, but they're only small and not so bad. I could never handle hand-washing an adult sweater!

I worked yesterday after being off for five days. One of the ladies had marked down four odd-lot balls of Patons Classic Wool to half price. Two balls were aran, two were winter white, all different lots and very different in color. It only takes one ball to make a pair of felted mittens, so I grabbed all four. I foresee felted mitten Christmas gifts. Still debating whether or not I will dye the yarn or leave it like it is. I have some bits of other colors of leftover Classic Wool, so I may just add some stripes to the cuffs or something.

Pop on over to Mossy Cottage. She's having a Dulaan 10,000 or Bust! contest kinda thingy. You have from now til June 15/07 to make five items for The Dulann Project. At the end anyone who completes 5+ items gets their name put into a draw for yarny goodness.

The Sweet Sheep is having a grand opening sale as well that runs until this Friday.

Nova Knitter is off to England today for ten days. When she gets back we're going to try to plan a trip to Have a Yarn. Look out wall of sock yarn, here I come!

Also be sure to go see The Harlot -- she tied the knot finally!

Yes, Aija, I finally made it to The Dark Side! I couldn't upload these pictures and finally used Flickr! Now I have to fiddle with it a bit more to really know what I'm doing. I managed to post these after a fashion, but I'm sure there's an easier way to do it than the way I did.

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I love your tweeds. They just look so ... warm :-)

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, this is yarn p0rn to its fullest - I love every single skein you showed, the colors are so gorgeous, and gosh, I do agree with Dave, they look so warm and cozy - yummy!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home