Thursday, January 04, 2007

Working on a FO (or two)

It was such a nice day today we walked to the park after school. Someone had piled sand on the slide, so the boys thought it was great to slide through it. (Their pants didn't like it. Thrown in the wash to soak as soon as we got home.) It was hard to believe it's January 4!


I took my Irish Hiking Scarf to work on for the Red Scarf Project. The color isn't very accurate here. It's a nice, deep red. Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds on 6mm needles, taking out one cable. It's really soft. I have one or two planned out of this same yarn for Christmas gifts next year. (Yes -- I'm thinking ahead. I actually ordered two things from my Avon rep for gifts for next Christmas. I also picked up a hooded Spongebob sweater a couple of sizes bigger today at one of the local grocery stores for the Littlest One for next Christmas. I love this time of year when they mark their stuff waaayyy down. Unfortunately the Oldest One has long outgrown those clothes. They only carry up to 6X at our store.) Since this park is right on the water the wind was steady. I didn't get a whole lot knit on it because my hands got cold.

The grass is still quite green!
See all the little blips all over the ropes of the ship's mast thing they built in the park? This flock of birds went through the craziest actions today. It made me think about this. There were dozens of them. (See the building on the bottom right of the picture? It's white with a darker color up top. That's where I work, part of the business being the LYS.)


So I am working on a couple of FOs. Right now I am finally felting Dad's slippers. I should also get the IHS finished tomorrow. I had hoped to get it done today to block tonight and mail tomorrow, but it didn't work out that way. It will be ready to mail on Monday.

Tonight was the fire department's annual election. Look who got Assistant Deputy Chief! Just kidding -- this was their Grampie's helmet. I told them to be very careful with it, Daddy would be highly upset if something happened to it. There's another one around here that is red and says, "Captain" that belonged to Daddy, but it has a hairline crack in it, so they got him a new one.

Off to finish felting and play with the wool winder before bed.

Happy Knitting!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Sliding sounds like great fun!! Definitely weird weather -- plus 8 and rain in Ottawa ... on January 4! I'm waiting for the tulips to come up. ;-)

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems you don't have any more snow than we have here - if we'll ever get a "real" winter this year?
I so enjoyed your pics and seeing what a lot of fun your little ones had - and your scarf is looking great!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so warm here too - we would have been at the park, but the boys are both sick - BLAH! I love your tweedy Irish Hiking Scarf - that is one of my favorite scarves. I knit a gray one in rather itchy wool and want to do another for me in something very soft.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Love the IHS. I did one and would like to do another couple. My first one really turned out well.
Can you believe our weather?! We are usually in a cold snap this time of the year!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I love the ship's mast thingie you have there! Very cool. :0)

The scarf is coming along nicely!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

What is up with this crazy weather? It is so warm here, too, and raining. I like my four seasons, and I want snow. :(
I wish I could go slide instead of having to work. Have the boys slide a few extra times for me next time.

Your IHS looks great. And I love the color.

Ya know, the birds around here have been doing the same thing. I usually see them on the way home in the evenings near the Wonder Bread Factory in downtown Columbus. But there are hundreds of them, and they shift and move like a big, weird cloud. It, too, makes me think of that movie.

Have fun knitting! I'll be knitting on my Candle Flame shawl and watching Most Haunted. Have a great weekend!

P.S. I am doing the weirdness meme, here shortly, that is.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Thanks for joining the One Sock Two Socks webring!

I've been eyeing some of the Paton's tweed yarn (the red looks great)...I'm trying my best to hold off on it for awhile until I can get more of my stash knitted up...lol...IF I get more of my stash knitted up before buying more yarn!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo...nice pictures! :) I love your scarf! Too bad it has not been cold enough here for me to wear any of mine. Poo!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home