Tuesday, March 13, 2007

One Sock

I tried to get a better picture of the baby jacket I finished (been lightly blocked in this pic, and yes, it did soften up quite a bit with the wool wash). Guess I should have tried it outside today instead of inside after dark using a flash. Pop on over to my Flickr album if you want, it looks better over there, same with the sock picture. (Had to zoom in too much to try to cut out my hamhock. The color comes out better if I don't zoom in too much in the original picture. But then I have to crop the heck out of it.)


This

Turned into this and is awaiting a partner.

Went down into the basement yesterday to do laundry and found Princess Nala squished into a clementine box.

So that's been it in the knitting world for me. This has been taking too much of my time lately, particularily the Jigsaw Detective game. (This links to the free site, I do the Club thing. JD is a Club thing. The best games are Club things.) Highly addictive. There are a few games on here that I can play and work on knitting at the same time, but not that one. The sock will have to wait til the weekend for a partner. I have to make a pair of felted slippers for a non-knitter who saw them the other day at the store and asked for a pair for her mother.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie C. said...

LOVE the socks & LOVE the cute pic of your cat!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

The baby jacket is so sweet, and the socks are looking great!

My cat used to sleep inside an empty lunch box... go figure. :0)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Heddy said...

blogger is being a bugger ... tried posting this 4 times and it wouldn't go ...
Cute kitty ... they do seem to think that anything on the floor is for them! Mine will lie down, like a queen, on any clean item I drop on the way from the laundry room -- she has been known to treat a spare sock or a facecloth as if I have laid out a proper bed for her! I guess you are lucky she didn't try to cram herself into the Schooner box behind her!

The sock looks good -- fast knitting! I am still plugging away on the Step for T ... March Break Madness has slowed me down a little -- I am doing a lot with the kids, and when i get home ... too tired to knit this week! Tomorrow is the movie "Happy Feet" , the last of the events I run!

Non-knitters seem to love the slippers ... Everyone who sees them seem fascinated that the things start out huge and end up small and dense ... show pics of the colours -- I love the combos of colour.

No news yet on the Socks that Rock order yet -- site says order Pending ... as soon as it says shipped, I will let you know!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The baby sweater is so adorable! You did a great job on it, too! Love the socks!

What is it with cats and small boxes...or any box (or bag) really.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, I can't believe how cute your lil' furry one is sitting in that box - I'd so want to cuddle and hug her! And the sock is looking great, what an awesome colourway!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home