Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by knit crazy!, so here goes.

Info:

So this is how it works: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.

Random stuff about me:

1. I will not ride in a vehicle behind the driver. If I'm not the driver then I have to sit in the middle or on the passenger side.

2. I don't own a passport and have never been on a plane. (Yet -- I dream of being able to travel someday! Lots of places I want to go.)

3. I get motion sick extremely easy, so I can't stomach rides. Even the Merry-Go-Round can make me wanna hurl. Boats are okay as long as I'm moving, once it stops and rocks gently with the waves... I have to take Gravol first, so by the time we stop I'm ready to sleep. When I was a kid we went to my grandparents' every second Sunday, about 45 minutes away. Always had to take a bucket and stop on the roadside cuz I was car sick.

4. I'm scared of heights. It bothers me to go up three steps on the step ladder at the store to get at some of the stored yarn. Even when I was a kid -- if I mustered enough guts to climb a tree it took forever to get back down. (Except when I was in about grade six. There was one girl I used to hang around, and we used to get up on the roof of her two-storey house and yell at people going by on the sidewalk. Used to freak them out cuz it was dark, and they had no idea where we were. How I ever got the courage to go up there I'll never know... I think her mother caught us one time, and we weren't allowed to do it any more.)

5. I love British shows. I watch the new Dr. Who, Coronation Street, Most Haunted, Haunted Homes, Are You Being Served?, Keeping Up Appearance, The Vicar of Dibley, and Fawlty Towers. (There's some others I see once in awhile, too.) I don't watch many current shows, mostly reruns of cancelled stuff. But I also really like court shows. I watch Judge Judy, Judge Mathis, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Maria Lopez, The People's Court, and sometimes Judge Alex. (I also watch Dog the Bounty Hunter and Supernatural on a weekly basis.)

6. I collect hard-covered Star Wars novels. (Big Star Wars fan.) I can pretty much talk along with Episodes 4, 5, and 6 cuz I've seen them so many times.

7. I don't toot my own horn when it comes to cooking or baking since I'm just average at it, but I do make the best chocolate chip cookies. (And it's not just me, I've been told that by several people. I make them for the Oldest One's class when it's my turn to make cookies, and I also take them in to the co-workers once in awhile.)

I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, so if you're reading this and haven't done it yet and would like to, then consider yourself tagged. I know some of my regular reads have done this recently. I don't really have time to check through and make sure that whoever I tag hasn't already done this one recently.

No knitting to show yet. I should have a FO ready tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I've also been thinking about my Sockapalooza Pal's socks. I think I'm kinda down to two or three patterns, four at the most. I have a yarn in the stash that I thought about using, but it may be too dark. She didn't specify color choice, but she did post pictures of her hand knit socks, and they're all fairly light colored. I'll have to think about it a bit more. I still have a little over a week before I have myself "scheduled" to start knitting them.
The Sweet Sheep blog is having a contest. I have the shop link in my sidebar without the button since I'm technically handicapped when it comes to that sort of thing. (Yes, I don't know how to add link buttons. I know, I work in a computer store owned by a computer programmer. Shame on me. Maybe I'll ask him sometime, but he's always super busy.) Pop on over and check it out. She's giving away yarn!

I'll leave you a picture of two of my tulips I cut today. I don't cut many flowers from my yard since I don't have oodles of them, but I snuck two out of the eight or so today. I left the pink ones since only three of those bloomed. I also nabbed some forget-me-nots and zebra grass. I don't have any problem yanking those. They're everywhere!
And here's why I don't cut many flowers, too, and why I have to put all of my houseplants way up high, out of reach. Three sets of teeth insist on chewing anything and everything plant-like they can get ahold of. No sooner did I set this on the floor to snap a quick pic, and Pumba was all over it. (I know this shot looks fairly innocent, but he was a chewin'!)

Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Interesting 7 things. I wonder if you didn't have any problem getting up on her roof because it was dark...you wouldn't really be able to see how far up you were so it wouldn't affect you as if it had been in the middle of the afternoon...just a thought.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I can totally empathize with one of your seven things.....the motion sickness thing. I can only sit in the front of the car which always ticks everyone else off. But arriving at your destination nauseated and/or vomiting is not fun!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With #3 and #4, I can see why you haven't done #2!!!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was totally interesting to read through, thanks for sharing! I'm so with you on the motion sickness - I'm suffering big time from it too and even the thought of it makes me sick ;( What's really strange is that I can knit in the car! Yes indeed - I didn't try it until a couple months ago because I thought just looking down on the knitting would make me throw up - but then I did give it a try and it worked perfectly fine! Apart from that, I basically can't do anything else in the car except of staring out - but the knitting works ;) Happy happy joy joy ;)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home