Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Long Time Coming...

Finally after about three weeks of waiting, Jewel arrived last night. This was us in the city picking her up outside a McDonalds.

We got home about 9:30. The cats have been quite scarce. Simba and Jewel have kinda sniffed eat other and touched noses a few times. He hisses once in awhile. I figured he'd be the one to come around the quickest.

She didn't want to go in the kennel last night. I figure it was because of being cooped up in it twice in the past two days and being put on an airplane. The Oldest One slept on the sofa, and she couldn't get out of the living room. I conveniently removed my knitting basket, just in case. In the morning when I got up this is all that was left of a tennis ball that the kids gave her.

Precious little knitting done this week. I should be able to finish the Oldest One's socks tonight maybe. There isn't much left to do on them. Driving to the city to get the dog (hubby was already there for work, so I had to drive in and out, no knitting time), spending time with her, with the cats to make sure I haven't pushed them aside, work today... Tomorrow I need a foot x-ray, and Friday I have to drive to a hospital 1/2 hour away for a CT of my kidneys (possibility of stones, had five pee tests that weren't quite right). I have to be there for 8am, and no knitting will be done since I'm driving.

Three of the alpaca colors came in yesterday. Very soft, very nice. The other three, the Kureyon Sock, and Nova Knitter's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran was backordered.

Pop on over here and wish Marti a Happy Birthday! Also, lucky Heddy is leaving on her tropical vacation tomorrow and will spend her birthday hugging a palm tree.

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Congratulations on your new arrival - how exciting! :0)

8:06 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Congrats. She's beautiful!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

What a pretty girl! She looks a little shy now, but I'm sure she'll settle right in in now time. Must be nice just to finally have her home! Hank isn't letting me get much knitting done lately either. We'll have to get the two of them together before too long.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

YAY!!! Glad she's finally here!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Ragan Knits etc... said...

HURRAY!!! She finally made it! Awww....
Ouch...Kidney stones (I get those). Drink lots of water with fresh lemon in it. :o)
Have a good day, take care!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home