Thursday, August 28, 2008

rpms

As a finale to my SOS, here's pair #8. They are Noro Kureyon Sock rpms in shade 184. Started August 18, finished August 27. It's the largest size on 2.25mm needles. I started off on the "wrong foot" so-to-speak with this yarn. The first sock had two breaks in the yarn in the cuff, even though I was very, very careful when I came to the thick wonky spots in the yarn. However, it redeemed itself by not doing that again in either sock, nor did I come across any knots.

For the second time ever I finished a pair of socks with short row heels. I followed Aija's instructions in the pattern which was different from any other method I'd tried. It worked very well! I'll definitely refer to her instructions any time I try SRHs. I had to rip the heel of the second sock out cuz I messed up somewhere along the way and had a large hole in one spot. I made the mistake of not finishing the heel in one sitting.



Although the Kureyon Sock wasn't the best sock yarn I'd ever knit with, I would use it again. We only had two colorways in this yarn, and I like the other one better. I think I'll make myself a pair out of the other colorway. (Here's what it looks like knit up.)

I'll still be knitting socks, but now that SOS is over for me I can contrate on other things. I want to make a couple of my baby sets for the store, work on the afghan, knit a sweater for the store.... I still have to work in at least one pair of socks per month for the Sock-A-Month KAL. That shouldn't be a problem since I need a few pairs for Christmas gifts.

I have to work tomorrow night and Saturday if any of my yarn floozies are around and want to visit. After work on Saturday we'll head to the camper til Monday. The kids go to school on Thursday. It is the Littlest One's first year. The Oldest One is going into grade three.

Happy knitting!

PS I just remembered that these socks were soaking in wool wash, been there for hours. They did soften up a lot and feel quite nice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

The socks look great! Bet you'll be glad when school starts again!
I'm off to SJ for the weekend so I won't get much knitting done!

6:51 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Wow, nice!! The kureyon looks so fun :)

I love-love-love that short row heel, it's from P Gibson-Roberts' book "Simple Socks" and I use it on all my stst socks.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

These look great! :0)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Very pretty! I love the way the Noro knits up, but I just don't like the feel of the yarn.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

How did you get them to match?

9:19 AM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Love the colours, they're bee-yoo-t-ful ! I'll have to check out the pattern for the short row heel instructions which to date have defeated my every attempt at knitting them . Hope that makes sense , not functioning at full pin today ...

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home