Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Little Boy Blue

I finished the blue baby set for the store. This is another of my designs called eyelet V. I went with a ribbed hat instead of bonnet so it would be more boyish looking. It's hard to see the V pattern. I should have put one of the bright colored sleepers on her instead of the white. This is knit with Patons Beehive Baby Sport in bonnet blue. I started it on September 3 and finished it on the 8th. (BTW -- my "baby" is in the infant car seat that I had for the Oldest One and subsequently the Littlest One. I also knit the blanket for the Oldest One, the yarn came from the Ball N Skein when it was still D's store. I used it for the Littlest One as well.)






I had a clean basket of folded laundry that I forgot to put away the other night. The dog got me up around 1am, she needed a drink, and I found Pumba had made himself at home.


Yes, he's a bit on the chunky side. Last fall, before we got the dog, he had lost a lot of weight. He looked very poorly there for awhile, people that knew him commented on it, and I was kinda scared. He still ate the same, he didn't act any different, he just lost a lot of weight and got kinda hard looking. He's always been portly, ever since he was a kitten.* Then as soon as the weight was gone it was all back with a vengeance. He's as big or bigger than ever. He has no tail at all and is kinda short and squat, and he weighs probably close to 20lbs. Everyone says he looks like he swallowed a bowling ball. Plus where he has a lot of manx in him he kinda hops when he runs. He's my baby! He's the most loving cat of the three and the one that tolerates Jewel the best. He actually likes it when she licks him, but then she has to get those teeth going at him in a effort to play, and that ruins it.

I'm having an irritating evening, first one in awhile, so I'd better stop here. Don't wanna spread bad mojo.

Happy knitting!

* I remember taking him when he was a baby for his needles. His belly was round and hard, and I asked the vet if he had worms. The vet was like, "No, just too much of the good stuff!" He's had trouble with his weight all his life, just like his "Mama"!

6 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

So sweet! It's amazing how small they start out, eh? It's easy to forget, sometimes. :0)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Typical cat -it's all about comfort . Our cat Spooky weighs about the same , always has been on the chunky side . He's not a greedy gus either just seems to be his natural size.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Another dear little sweater set! The hat is adorable!

Your cat weighs more than my little Gunni!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blue baby set. It looks so soft.

My Vinny was getting on the portly side. Which was unusual for him, he's always been a slim cat. But I think bringing the dog into the house is what did it. He started hogging down the food to keep her out of it. So I took away the auto-feeder, and started giving him portions. He's slimmed down a little.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

It's an adorable set. Cats seem to like the weirdest places.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That set is so sweet.

Our cinder is about 20 lbs. He is like a bowling ball with a pea head and this small tail. I think he is am emotional eater lol

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home