Wednesday, November 05, 2008

FOs

Got a few FOs to show today. First up is a baby kimono in Bernat Baby Jacquards spearmint candy. Started October 22, finished the 30th. I made the smallest size which was supposed to take one skein, but I ended up needing a second skein. It was six months, but when I measured it, it was more like 12 months, and I followed the pattern exactly, so I don't know what's up with that. Anyways, it was for a shop sample, so it didn't really matter size-wise. It's a quick knit and is super cute. The yarn is nice to work with.

Second up is a finished Christmas gift! These are for step FIL, started November 2, finished the 4th. It's the old faithful felted clog pattern, and I used Patons Classic Wool in leaf green and forest. They are men's medium.

Third comes another Christmas gift for MIL. Ladies medium felted clogs in Patons Classic Wool leaf green. I gave them both felted slippers for Christmas 2006, and they've worn them out long ago. New ones were requested which worked out well since I planned on making them these anyways.

I finished one of my Sugar Free Socks. I'm using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran I got on eBay ages ago for a pair. Super soft and cushy, fast knitting since it's on 3.25mm needles. I can't get a good color shot inside, so when they are done I'll wait for a nice day for outside pictures and see if they turn out better. The yarn is darker and not so shiny.

So that's it for now, so much knitting to do, so little time. I was up late last night and got the mittens started that I'm making for charity. (And wanted them mailed by now, but now I'm shooting for Monday.) I had to watch Obama's speech! History in the making, folks, history in the making. I'm not even an American or live in the US, but I can say I was as proud last night as if he was just elected my president! I think it's wonderful!!!

Happy knitting!

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

What a dear little baby sweater! Really pretty.
Great slippers too. I have to get going on some of those for Christmas.
Ditto on the Obama thing. Wonderful!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

You've been very busy! The baby kimono is very cute! The felted clogs look comfortable and warm, great gifts! And I would like the sock in this color, and shiny as well! :o)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that little kimono - it is Precious!
and of course your clogs (I STILL haven't made a pair of those!)
Aren't worsted socks wonderful to knit....and wear!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

The kimono is very sweet! I love your knitted clogs, too!

4:56 PM  
Blogger aija said...

I love the kimono! I want to make one for my sister's baby, but I'm waffling on if it isn't "boy" enough (even in boy colors...)

I love that non-US citizens are as inspired as we are :)

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home