Monday, March 30, 2009

Flurry of FOs

First up in the FO parade is a pair of mens medium felted clogs. These are the ones I was making for my friend with small, narrow feet. I did the pattern this time without the first knitting row on the soles. I used Patons Classic Wool in black and grey mix, started March 14, finished knitting the 17th but not felted til the 25th. Ravelry details here.


This is how I dry my knitting -- in the rec room with the fan blowing on whatever it is that is drying and blocking.


Next up is a felted bag for the store. I'm on a bag kick right now. They're like dishcloths with me, can't make just one. Anyhoo, this is also Patons Classic Wool in old rose (now a discontinued colorway) and plum heather. I really like these two colors together. I double stranded the entire bag except for the handle cuz I didn't have enough yarn. Didn't really make a difference though. Started March 21, finished the 24th. Ravelry details here.

This next bag I'm disappointed in. I only had one skein, and I double stranded the bottom for more support. I knew when it was done that the bag would be too short. I would have liked it to be twice as tall, so next time either single stranded bottom or two skeins. I really like how the i-cord closure turned out. This bag is small and is good for keys, cell phone, change purse kinda thing. The handle is quite short as well. Love the color, Patons Classic Wool in salmon heather. Ravelry details here.

The next bag is my favorite Patons SWS colorway, also newly discontinued, natural green. Three skeins for this one, but the strap is too short. I thought I made it about the same as I always do. Next time a lot longer. The bag itself is a good size, but you wouldn't be able to wear it on your shoulder with jacket on, not unless it was really thin. Started March 28, finished the 30th. Ravelry details here.

Two weeks late, fellow Knitterpudlian, Marti, finally had that baby girl on the 25th! Not that she was very small, by any means. Guess it was a good thing she ended up with a section. With the little Pinta finally making her appearance, I cast on for yet another knit item for her. (I'm telling you that kid is going to be one sharp dressed girlie!) This is Little Sister's Dress, made with Bernat Baby Jacquards in lemon pie. Started March 25, finished the 27th. Very easy knit, no seaming (yes!), really cute. I can see me making more. Ravelry details here.

The other day we had two yarn reps at the store, one from Spinrite, one from Estelle. There are a lot of discontinued Bernat yarns, certain colorways, Patons colorways from various yarns.... She went through our catalog and marked it all for me. Some things aren't gone yet but will be in June. There are some new colorways out now, and there are some more coming in the fall. There are some really nice earthy colors in a lot of stuff, especially baby yarns. We didn't order anything yet, but we will be. The lady from Estelle has been after us for a long time now to place an order. We are getting Arequipa sock yarn (yes!), Invicta sock yarn, and Lang Jawoll silk sock yarn, the stuff with a spool of reinforcing thread for the heels and toes.

Had to go to Halifax on Friday to a doctor's appointment, which I knew would be a waste of time before I even went. It's an hour-and-a-half drive there, and I was in his office for 1 minute 30 seconds, no exaggeration. He rattled off a string of questions that were mostly yes/no answers, pressed on my stomach in a few places, said he didn't need to do a bladder scope, was recommending to my family doctor to do routine blood and urine tests for the next three years, then I was outta there. Only plus side was he was young and cute with an accent. :)

On the way home I got my Pa to stop and get gas at a particular spot where I knew I could get some good chips.


Anyone had these? The hottest is Habanero. I got a bag of those for Pa to try, and he said they were the hottest chips he'd ever eaten. The best flavored ones are the mild Cheddar and the mild Buffalo Wings. Even though they are mild they are still hot! Wish we could get these in town. But they make a good treat when we're in that way.


Happy knitting!

7 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

So many finished projects! The baby dress is adorable! My daughter would love those chips, she can eat hot like nobody else I know. I'm such a chicken, for me, even mild is too hot to eat. :o)

11:31 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Love all your FOs! Your clogs always make me want to cast on for a pair. :o)

The fan is a good idea, I'll have to remember that!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Great bunch of FOs for you!!! Love the little dress for Avery.
Never thought about a fan for drying felted projects. I tend to put slippers in the dryer with no problems.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous pat said...

All wonderful projects, but I REALLY like the Old Rose/Plum bag - beautiful!!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the FO's. There's so many of them. And another great paif of felted clogs. I may get around to making mine some day. Love the felted bags. I have been feeling the urge to make one, lately.

How's your weather up there? Ours is cold at night, and mild during the day.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Love the bags and the clogs!! The baby dress is too cute!

I think those chips would burn my lips off...

10:48 PM  
Blogger AmberRose said...

Good grief girl you put me to shame you are so talented. Well, we always knew that didn't we. Love the rose purse. The grey clogs look nice. Has the boy picked them up yet.
Sylvia

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home