Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bunny Hop

Last Wednesday was Marti's Knit Nite baby shower. Last minute that I am, I had just finished the Bunny Hop blanket about 3pm. The Littlest One knocked my bottle of pop over, so when I opened it to give him some it fizzed mostly on me, but it did get a couple of drops on the blanket. I washed it and pinned it out in front of a fan til I got back from taking the Oldest One to curling. Upon returning home it was still quite wet, so I threw it in the dryer. It was still damp at this point in time...

...but the shower was set to start at 6, so I went in the bag still damp. (It wasn't too bad.) Started February 3, finished the 18th. I used 3.5 skeins of Patons Canadiana in soft yellow and size 5.5mm needles. Here's the pattern. (More photos here.)


I also gave little Pinta this outfit, sized 12 months, obviously store bought and not knit. I also gave Marti a skein of blue Drops Alpaca to make herself a pair of Fetching or whatever she fancies with it. Had I thought of it earlier I would have made them, but it was last minute. Besides, I'm sure she likes the luxury of knitting with that soft and smooshy alpaca!

Today it was just reinforced to me more that Maggie is evil. The Oldest One went curling, and when I came home I found she had gotten ahold of one of the cd cases. She chewed some of the holders out of it (one of those soft zippered ones) and actually mangled three cds. Two were Spongebob episodes I burned off for them, the other was a basketball game that came with Hubs's first Playstation many moons ago. That one took the worst hit.
There were little black chunks on the floor and sofa, and at first I didn't know what that was. Come to find out it was the remnants of the Oldest One's Rubik's cube. I keep telling them to put their stuff away.

So I think til this destructive streak passes (which Jewel never had -- just on stuffies) she is going to have to be kenneled again when no one is home. I hate to do it, but the other day I was only gone 20 minutes, and she mangled what was left of my paper towel. (Not even sure how she got it.)
On the plus side, I got my KISS tickets the other day.
Happy knitting!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I used to have a dog that chewed too. Safest thing is the kennel. I hope she didn't ingest any sharp bits and pieces. If it's any consolation, mine grew out of it ... eventually. Maybe it's the doggie version of the Terrible Twos.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

I'm pretty sure Maggie will grow out of it, especially since I'm positive you all are giving her lots and lots of attention. :o) Hang in there...

9:28 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

I think it is a Maggie thing. Our Mags chewed up the scrapbook of our Airedale Cleo that Shan did for my birthday. I still haven't had the nerve to tell Shannon this one!

Congrats on the Kiss tickets!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

The baby blanket is lovely! I think the kennel would be the best thing for all of you.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Love the blanket and outfit. We got this HUGE box of hand-me-downs from my BIL & SIL on Friday and so I've been doing baby washes for the last couple of days. Threw the blanket in again and it came out super soft. I'm thinking it'll make a great stroller blankie when the weather gets a wee bit nicer...if it ever does :)

5:47 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

The blanket is so pretty. And WOW your dogs sure are destroyers. I'm impressed.

5:19 PM  
Blogger aija said...

My goodness, Maggie sure is determined! :)

(Lovely blankie!!)

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep those KISS tickets away from the girls!

I think your Bunny Hop Blanket looks beautiful. Did you like working on it? I usually crochet blankets but I really like the knitted ones much better. I have a gift coming up so I need to make a baby item and I am between projects.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Oh my gosh I am dying laughing at the rubix cube....there were times when I would have like to chewed the hell out of mine as a kid...darn annoying those are LOL

What a beautiful blanket!

You'll enjoy your concert I am sure!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home