Sunday, March 01, 2009

February Socks

I finished a pair of sock for Hubs. They are my only pair of socks for February. Started February 6, finished the 28th. I used Bernat Sox in the wooded denim colorway. Details here.


It's my birthday today, and the weather is crappy. Freezing rain and ice pellets, nasty stuff. Yesterday Hubs and I went out and did some stuff. We went and used the birthday money from Ma and Pa and got me a new pair of much needed sneakers. Dr. Scholls with cushy inserts. Then we went to Have a Yarn where I got some new stuff. Going to make a new felted bag out of the Tove. The Sisu I will use for a cabley sock pattern from my queue. I don't wear much pink, but after seeing Marti's and Nova Knitter's pink socks I decided I needed some.
After there we went to Lunenburg. Stopped by the Fisherman's Memorial.


Look -- my boss died back in 1995. Bet he doesn't know. :)

The Big Red's Restaurant ws the old jail. See the sign -- Have a meal in Jail.
Then there's this.
Finally, my motives for going to Lunenburg was to go here for supper.




It's small but really neat inside, and they have great food at reasonable prices.
I decided for sure that from now on when I'm not at home little Miss Mags is going in her kennel. She decided yesterday that it was fun to eat a picture frame. She broke a couple of chips out of the glass, and one of these days she's going to hurt herself. So, to avoid that as well as saving my house from destruction, back in the kennel she'll go when I work on Wednesday.
So that's it for today. Got a French vanilla cake with fudge frosting. And my best friend called from Alberta. Her Dad's birthday is today, too.

Happy knitting!

14 Comments:

Blogger Marti said...

Glad you had a good time :) Again, Happy Birthday. Sorry I didn't come through for you on the baby front...hehehe.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Happy, happy birthday! Love your new yarn! :o)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Well, happy birthday! Sounds like you had a really wonderful and fun-filled day.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Yesterday!!

Are you going to get my snowstorm?

10:56 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Sounds like a wonderful day -- Happy Birthday!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Happy birthday! Your cake looks delicious :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Happy Birthday !!!!

Sounds you had a good day out . Loved the photos of Lunenburg . It brought back memories of our last trip out to your neck of the woods . I SO love Nova Scotia !

Enjoy your yarn purchases , can't wait to se your next socks . Which brings to to your huuby's socks - very nice , love the pattern !

2:27 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a good time. Love the socks, I have made a pair in that colourway too!

I got a kick out the the piece of Berlin wall too...the cake looks delish ;)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday!!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

A very Happy Birthday!!! What a nice day, and the cake looks delicious! What a naughty girl Maggy is! :o)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

So, did you have to share your birthday cake?

I'm going to be in Bridgewater tomorrow with my son, and if the stars and the planets align in my favour, I'll try to get into Liverpool to meet you. What hours will you be working?

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home