Thursday, April 16, 2009

Carolina

Started April 4, finished April 16
2.5mm needles
Austerman Step in color 27


Nice easy pattern, four row repeat. The first row is the "pattern" row, the next two are just knit, fourth row is purled. Easy peasy. I love it when I don't have to keep looking at the pattern. Ravelry details here.

Got a call from the Littlest One's school on Tuesday. Another boy in his class hit him in the head with a rock at recess time, just above the left eye. They wanted me to come and take a look at it. When I got there he had an icepack on it, so the swelling had gone down a lot. It didn't seem to bother him any. I gave him some headache medicine, and he was fine. I took these pictures when he got home from school. The little guy who did it, "did it on purpose" according to the Littlest One. I don't quite know exactly what happened other than there seemed to be an argument over something or other. The other kid lost recess privileges for awhile since he, "broke one of the rules".

These two have been enjoying the weather lately. Lots of laying in the sun and going for walks.


That's it for today. Got a cold and feel like crap.



Check this out if you haven't seen this yet. Caught it on the news last night. She's amazing! They even started a Ravelry group. The look on Simon's face is well worth watching. This clip has almost 20,000,000 hits so far and is still rising. Definitely goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.



Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

Oh I so love those socks , the colours are wonderful ! Nice !

The Littlest one was really lucky that it wasn't closer to the eye , but that must have hurt something fierce . Glad that he's okay . Casey did the same thing to his little brother Max . It scared the pants off of him when he saw the bruise and realized just how close he'd come to doing serious damage , besides being in a whole lot of trouble with mom & dad . It amazes me that they survived their childhood rivalry and are very close now .

I saw that video a couple of days ago . She's got a fabulous voice . Good for her and I hope something comes of this for her !

3:42 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks look so fun to wear! I love the patterns you can easily memorize and not have to look at.

Wow, that's quite the bump on your little fellow! Glad he's ok!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Love the socks and the striping is perfect!!!!

Poor LO. But he does look awfully cute in the picture with his big bump!

I saw that video a few days ago too. Brings goosebumps every time I listen!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

The socks look nice. I like those simple patterns too. Doesn't have to be pages and pages of charts and instructions all the time. :o)
Poor Little Guy, that will turn blue for sure! Hope he'll get over it soon. My dogs don't like to be outside for long, it was too hot the last few days. Sam's always in the darkest shade, panting, and Biko runs around, and after a while goes to the door and wants in.
I hope you'll feel better soon! This is the time I always catch a cold, crossing my fingers I'll get away without this year!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

That's a nasty bruise. Thank goodness his eye is ok. Thank you for the link to that video. That was the most beautiful voice I've heard in ages!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Great socks.

Your poor little guy. He is so lucky it did not get his eye....my gosh.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home