Friday, February 12, 2010

Tonight's the Night!

Well, tonight's finally the night to cast on for the Ravelympics! I have mine ready to go. Since we're four hours ahead of Vancouver I won't get much knitting done tonight, but I plan on casting on a doing a little bit at least. I have to have the boys curling for 8am tomorrow morning, so it won't be a late night tonight. But I'm off the weekend, so I should get a decent amount of knitting time in.


Hubs is on his way home, he'll be home late this evening. He'll leave again on Sunday so he can catch the last few days of the pay period. We got talking about Dixie Lee at work today, so I got a craving for the macaroni salad. (We had a Dixie Lee here in town many, many, many moons ago.) I called him to see if he was still in New Brunswick, I knew he was in Quebec the night before. Anyhoo, he was, so I put in my order. I was at work, so T decided he wanted a 20pc barrel and two large coleslaws. So Hubs decided, of course, that he'd get himself some chicken, too. Then he calls back and says he's half-an-hour from the one he was stopping to, could I call in the order so he didn't have to wait for an hour. If they have caller id the poor girl was probably afraid she was getting a crank call! Felt weird being on the South Shore of Nova Scotia and ordering a meal from a restaurant in Moncton, New Brunswick! (The truck has a built-in fridge, so nothing will go funky on the way home.) He'll be home close to Opening Ceremonies, most likely. Hope he gets here so I can have some salad before the knitting commences!
Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Heddy said...

Nice Olympic project!
Yummmy - now I wish I had some Dixie lee too :) They always had good coleslaw.

UI am probably going to be an idiot, and stay up to watch a lot of the ceremonies ... hopefully I'll get a lot knit.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I love the idea of ordering from out of town. Cool. One of my favorite shawls, too. Good luck. No olympic knitting here, too much I have to finish first.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Good luck - and I hope you get your salad in time!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Darn flame didn't get lit until after midnight, so all I managed last night was the CO.

Your Dixie Lee plan is awe inspiring. Who else would do that?

10:00 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Can't call that Fast food! But I think it's funny that you did that. I was not feeling well, so only watched until 11PM. So sad I didn't see K.D. Lang's performance.
Did the salad taste as good as you remembered?
And I love this shawl! Once day I will knit it too! :o)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

Just catching up with the blog reading after spending the weekend watching Olympic coverage . I love your choice for Ravelympics . It's been in my queue for ages .Can't wait to see progress pics .

It's funny how we get these cravigs now and again . Hope the salad was as good as you remembered/expected .

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home