Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bright, Stripey Socks and Some Good News!

Finally finished up socks for the Littlest One for his belated birthday gift. These seemed like they took forever. I haven't been knitting a lot lately, though, so that could be another reason why they seemed to take so long. :)

I used Patons Kroy Stripes in royal jacquard, 2.25mm needles, 52sts, garter stitch short row heel over 26sts, toe to 20sts. Started January 12, finished the 19th. In the future if I make him another pair (which he asked for solid green socks when he tried these on -- he likes these, but he wants solid green, too) I will use 2.5mm or 2.75mm as these socks are snug. Ravelry details here.



I have tried short row heels in the past but always have the problem of one side looking great, the other side not so great, and there's usually little holes on one side I have to fudge closed. Some of my fellow Knit Niters have done these garter stitch short row heels, so I decided to give it a go, and I am very pleased with it. I think any SRHs in the future will be like this.

Tonight was the night for our truck loan place's board meeting. It was supposed to be last night, but it was cancelled because we had a snowstorm. Our account manager gave us a quick call to let us know that the replacement truck loan was approved. They were finishing up the meeting, so she couldn't talk or give us details, we'll get those in the morning. I am glad she let us know, though, maybe we can finally get some sleep tonight with that huge stress relieved off of us! We've been with this place for five years, and we've had our ups and downs with them. They are a good bunch to work with, though, and I'm glad that something that wasn't our fault wasn't held against us. They had specs on two different trucks, but we don't know which one they approved. Hopefully it's the Pete and not the International (which we haven't seen in person cuz it's an eight hour drive away). The Pete is the much better truck of the two.

Details on the replacement truck to follow! Hubs should be back to work by the end of the month.

Happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nice bright socks to cheer up a dreary day! Glad to hear some good news about the truck!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

The socks look very nice, especially the heel. I have the same problem with the short row heels, one side nice, the other not so nice. So I don't use them much anymore.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you to get the Pete truck! :o)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Donna M said...

Congrats on your good news!

Socks are bright and cheery and fit him well with the new heel!

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the loan! What wonderful news for you an your family! Makes you want to knit green socks, doesn't it?

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Lida said...

Very nice pair of socks. Will keep your kid warm and congratulations on the truck. No snow here in North Idaho, very strange winter, but I am not complaining!
Cheers

12:24 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

The socks look fantastic ! I'll have to see if there's an online tutorial for that short row heel.

Congrats on the loan , hope it works out for the truck that you want .

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home