Friday, May 28, 2010

Long Week!

It has been a long week. I ended up taking the Littlest One to the hospital again Tuesday night. Two doctors were there Monday night (well, the on-call doctor and his intern), and they said the xrays they took showed some stool but not enough for constipation and pain. I had my doubts, he was acting just like he did that time he had it really bad. So the Tuesday night doctor said she read the radiologist's report, and that said constipation. (Nice of someone to call and let me know.) Since his problem was up high we opted for lactulose treament (always have that on hand as Pumba needs it on a regular basis). Well, that didn't really do anything. Wednesday I worked, so he was at Ma's place, and he was feeling better and actually played some video games. But Wednesday night he was back to crying, not eating, moaning and groaning. So off I go to get a bottle of Fleet. I put half of it in some orange pop, and he drank most of it. Nothing happened. The next morning he woke up before six in agony, so I got him to drink the rest of the Fleet in orange pop, but he puked that back up. So I call my doctor's office, and he says stop the lactulose and get Lax-A-Day. Knock on wood that seems to be working. He's his normal self and eating again, but I kept him home from school today anyways. I went and got his work he needs to catch up on, so he should get there Monday.

So no oodles of knitting this week. I do have almost all of the gusset decreases completed on a second sock of a pair I was commissioned to knit for someone. I also am knitting finger puppet blanks for my church group. They are having a get-together on June 5, but I have to work, and they'll put the faces on them and seam them up. I have 28 or so made so far. Think I'll have that as my Saturday project when I'm at work tomorrow.

So I don't have a totally pictureless post, here's what I'll be using for my next pair of socks once I am finished the ones I'm doing now. These are going to be plain vanillas for the same person I'm making the current ones for, it's Patons Kroy bronzed berry stripes.

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Frieda said...

Glad that it didn't end up being appendicitis , but still sounds like he and you had a rough time of it .

Good luck with the finger puppets ,28 so far , wow !

7:54 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Nice yarn - I hope the little guy is all better soon!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Poor little guy, hope he's better soon!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home