Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First FO of 2013

Finally, the first FO of 2013, a pom-pomless (well, actually 2, but the grey one was done first) Pom Pom It! hat.  They are both knit with Briggs & Little Atlantic on 6mm needles.  The dark grey mix hat was started January 3 and finished on the 5th.  The mulberry hat was started January 6 and finished on the 7th.  
 



I did 20 rows of twisted rib (only twisting the knit stitch), then I turned it like I do with those other hats, did the twisted rib for 25 rows, then I shaped the top like the pattern said.  Only thing is with the grey hat I only did 10 rows of stockinette before shaping, the mulberry hat has 12 rows of stockinette before shaping. (I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn with the grey hat.  I could have done it, though, because I decided against a pom pom.  There would have been enough yarn to do the 12 rows but not enough for a good pom pom.  And Hubs was like, "Don't put a silly looking pom pom on it, who's gonna wear that?" Stick in the mud!)  Ravelry details here.

The grey hat got to have a workout tonight.  We are getting our first real snowfall of this winter season, and I went out a little while ago to clean the steps and walkway off and the small driveway where I park.  So I wore the grey hat.  It's heavy, wet snow, and the forecast is for it to change to rain after midnight, so I wanted to keep it cleared up as much as possible.  We've got probably 6" down.  Then tomorrow night is a deep freeze for us, -16C, Friday a high of -8C, but the weekend both days are supposed to be up around +5C and rain on Sunday.  So I don't foresee the snow sticking around for very long, it usually doesn't.  But it's looking like the boys may have their first snow/storm day off school tomorrow!  Yay for sleeping in! lol

Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cute hats - I love the colour of the mulberry!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Nice hats! I'd like to knit one for myself that fits some day. Isn't the weather totally weird?

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home