Thursday, September 05, 2013

School!

Today was the first day of school here.  The Littlest One is in grade 5.  This is the last year for him at his school, next year he starts junior high.
 

And the Oldest One is in grade 8.  Last year of junior high for him, next year he'll be in high school.  I can't believe school is back in already, summer's pretty much over.  I am dreading the short days, I hate it when it's dark out when I get up and dark at suppertime.  Not looking forward to the cold, either.  
 

I finished up a pair of belated socks for BFF's birthday.  Now I keep forgetting to give them to her!  The pattern is Jeck, the yarn is Mary Maxim Step It Up in playful plum.  Knit on 2.5mm needles, cast on August 15, finished the 31st, details here.  Wasn't a real fan of the yarn, it's a little too fuzzy for my likings.  I've got enough left from these to probably make a pair of ankle socks for other friend, M.  I've also got another skein in shades of blue and one in shades of grey.  I don't foresee buying any more of it. 
 
Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love the boys' shirts!
Great socks to - colours make me want to get down in the studio.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Frieda said...

OMG , the boys are so grown up , where did the time go !?

love the socks ,but I see what you mean about the fuzziness , they look great though !

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home