Sunday, February 06, 2005

One Sock Joe

I finished one house sock today. There is a picture of it above. The one thing I cannot do in all my years of knitting and of all the different things I have knit is grafting. I just cannot seem to get it. I haven't really knit a lot of things that require grafting, but every time I try it I end up with a garter stitch seam. I tried to graft the toe this morning and gave up and ended up turning the sock inside out and did a three-needle bind off. I don't really care where it's for me, but if I make a pair of socks for someone I want to do it "right". I guess I will have to surf the net and look for some video clip tutorials on grafting. I only once ever did it right on a preemie set I made. Never could get it right after that so I just stuck with the good old 3NBO!

I know Travis wants to watch the Superbowl tonight. I will have to concentrate on my knitting or vacate to the bedroom. I hate football. He likes pretty much all sports, but I think he wants to see the commercials as much as anything else. He has to get up like 3:30 in the morning to go to work, so he shouldn't stay up much past 10. (I hear the national anthem.) I might like it better if I understood it better, but to me it makes no sense. Grab the ball, run a few feet, get jumped on, do it all over again. I dunno, I just was never into sports anyways.

I have added a couple of links on the sidebar. One is for The Dulaan Project. Check this out. It is a really good cause, and I'm sure all you knitters out there have odds and ends that you could whip up some mitts, hats, or scarves to send to the children of Mongolia. I have a hat and a scarf that I made and had no one to give them to right now, so they are set aside to send away. I also added a link to the place where I work. There is a picture of me (yuck! - hate having my picture taken) on there that was taken about four years ago. One guy is missing. Shane started last fall and mostly deals with the Rogers cell phones, but he helps out with other things as well.

Time to go make up hubby's lunchbox, get the boys in their pj's, take a bath, then suffer through the Superbowl!

Happy Knitting!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home