Monday, May 09, 2005

Banquet

Saturday night was the annual firemen's banquet. Supper was good - roast turkey dinner with dressing, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, cranberries, rolls, and lemon or coconut cream pie. And then after the meal comes the dance - and free booze. I survived the evening well. Don't know if it was the meal beforehand or what, but the drinks felt very "bloating" to me, so I didn't drink too much. Hubby, on the other hand, was a total mess and paid for it all day long yesterday. The guys who were on fire call ended up having to leave the banquet and pump basements pretty much all night and all day yesterday. It rained liked a monsoon here all weekend. Today we are supposed to get showers and I guess sunshine for tomorrow. That will be nice.

We got pizza and garlic fingers yesterday and took them up to Nanny and Grampy's house for Mother's Day. I also had gotten a MD cake and took that as well.

Not too much knitting done this weekend. I made a hot water bottle cover and started a dishcloth to take to the store. Got to finish up my Dulaan stuff in the next two weeks as well. I do have some pictures to post this week, too.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger MikKnits said...

Very cool to read about another knitter whos husband is also a firefighter. My husband is a Captain for the City of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue. We chose not to go to this year's FF Ball but after reading your post I was sorry we did. Please visit my blog www.mikknits.blogspot.com once in awhile and I'll do the same, if you don't mind.

Michelle

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home