Wednesday, April 20, 2005

First Felting

I made my first felted item last night. I made a buttonhole bag for myself, just a small one. I have pictures of it, but I haven't loaded my camera software onto the new computer yet (will try tomorrow). It didn't turn out too bad. I made it with light green and light blue Briggs & Little Atlantic wool. I washed it inside of a pillowcase along with a large beach towel on my longest wash setting. Then I decided to run it through once more but on 6 instead of 10. Felted just right, I think. It took two skeins, two strands held throughout with 10mm circulars. I want to make another one but buy an extra skein and make it higher. I also will try to do the increases near the bottom a little differently.

It was an absolutely beautiful day today. It was 23 Celsius and sunny. Tonight it is supposed to start raining or - get this - snowing. Halifax could get up to 10cm of snow, so the weatherman says, but the afternoon tomorrow is supposed to get up to 9 or so. The rest of the week it's going to be around 10 Celsius. I've really been missing my walks, but my toe just hurts too bad, and I can still only get my crappy sandals on my foot. I tried to get my slippers on to wear to work yesterday. They have cushioned soles and have soft velvety uppers, but I couldn't get it on my foot without causing severe shooting pains. Maybe the end of the week I can.

I started a cable sweater for the store in Patons Shetland Ragg (25% wool, 75% acrylic). I also have to finish some of the other projects I started and haven't finished.

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home