Monday, April 25, 2005

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Its been raining here since Saturday, at times very heavily. Right now it seems to have stopped, and there is actually some sun peeking out from behind the clouds.

Yesterday two of my babies had a birthday. Simba and Nala turned 9. That is their actual birth date, too. I had gotten them from a guy I worked with, so I knew the exact day that his cat had her kittens. Pumba will be 7 in the fall. I got him from the local pet shop, so I don't know exactly when he was born. The lady who owned the shop took that batch of kittens to try to find them homes or else they were going to be put down. (Pumba was the last one left - 4 of them were bobtails, one had a full length tail. I have a soft spot for bobtail, which is why I have 3 of them!)

A bunch of guys and their spouses from the fire department went bowling Saturday night. That was fun with a broken toe! Couldn't wear shoes so I just bowled sock-footed. It was really weird not being able to bowl like I usually do. I did manage to get an 86, 80, and 75. Only had one spare in the last box on the first string. I haven't bowled for months, so that was pretty good. (We have candlepin bowling here. I have never bowled anything but candlepin. For anyone unfamiliar with it, the 10 pins are skinny and straight, and the balls are small and have no holes for your fingers.)

Not too much done on the knitting front this weekend. I did wind 8 skeins of Briggs & Little yarn into balls. I decided to get some unfinished projects finished before I start much more. I have about 5" left to knit on Shane's scarf and put the fringe on it. Should be able to finish that tonight. I also have one mitten to make for a pair going in the box for the Dulaan Project. I have to have my box of goodies ready to go by June 1. Still have 7 or 8 things left to make to reach my personal goal of 20.

The store is really starting to look nice. I forgot to bring my camera again to take some pictures. I did get the camera software loaded onto the computer but haven't gotten Hello! downloaded yet. I'm getting there!

Anyways, must go be productive. Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home