Thursday, May 19, 2005

Final Secret Pal Goodies!

I received my final package from my Secret Pal today. She sent me three balls of a beautiful baby yarn (which I will post a picture of!), and another cat card (which I intend to get framed along with the other 2 she sent). I think I will keep this yarn in my stash for now *just in case* we ever decide to try for that girl! (If that doesn't happen in the next 2 years then I will use it to make a gift for someone else should the opportunity arise!) So, my wonderful Secret Pal all the way from France, I hope you read this and see that your package arrived -- I can't find your e-mail address! (Shame on me!)

I have two buttonhole bags completed, small and large, felted and drying. I have pictures to post of them as well. I washed them three times, and I find they didn't really felt any more the third time through then they did the second time, so that'll have to be good enough. I find where it's chunky yarn on big needles it doesn't go super-felty as it would with, say, a worsted weight yarn.

This weekend we are going away. Tomorrow night we remain within Nova Scotia, but Saturday we are in New Brunswick for the night. We are taking the boys to a monster truck show at the Moncton Coliseum. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow night. We are in Truro, and it's the tulip festival, and they are supposed to have fireworks. It's a long drive, so I should get a total of 10 hours knitting there and back. Think I will take the adult basic cabled sweater I am working on for the store. I need something easy to follow when I'm in the truck.

Will try to post my pictures before I go away tomorrow, if not will definitely try on Sunday or Monday.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting a little worried! It took a bit longer than the other times even though it was lighter!

Well anyway, I was very happy to get to know you a little and to send you those gifts!

Good luck if you try for that baby girl (we might try for our first baby next year or so...)!

Wish you all the best and have a good trip with lots of knitting! I don't know how you all do it, I can't knit in the car... Such a shame!

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home